[SW] Special display status for parts already sent to production

Hello

In my general assembly, I would like to change the color of the parts as they are sent to manufacturing, in order to quickly see which ones have not.

For example, that all parts already sent for production should be green. However I would also like to keep the base colors in another configuration for example, and to be able to quickly switch between the base colors and the green color.

In fact, the distinction of parts is not necessarily a color, it could be a pattern or other, as long as we can quickly distinguish the parts that have been sent for manufacture from the other parts.

If you have any ideas I'm interested, thank you.

Hello

You have to juggle the configurations and display states of the components in the assembly.

A subject that also deals with it:

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/import-export-formats-neutres/comment-garder-les-pièces-dans-la-bibliothèque-solidworks without m

2 Likes

Hello

Alternatively, use a property on the parts that you pass to "In Manufacture" and use the "Assembly View" function to sort the parts of the assembly with this property.

@+

4 Likes

Hello 

Thank you but the subject doesn't really answer my question.

However, yes, the display states answer my problem.

For each part I create a MANUFACTURED display state, I select it, and I change the color (I put green for example) of my part by specifying "Specify the display state" at the bottom. So, by selecting the default display state, my part has the default color, and selecting the MADE display state, my part has the color green.

I do this for all my pieces.

Then, for each assembly I create a FABRICATED display state, I select it, I go to the properties of each manufactured part of my assemblies, and I select the FABRICATED display state.

And so in my general assembly, by selecting the FABRICATED display state, all my manufactured parts will appear in green.

It's the same principle as for assembly configurations in fact. The advantage is that there is no loading when changing the display state, unlike the confuigurations.

Thank you Azrod for mentioning the display states, which I didn't know about

1 Like

Glad to have pointed you to a solution:)

That's the advantage of display states indeed. They are already loaded when I open the file I think. (or it's very fast) 

1 Like

Coyote your solution is even better!

A new property must be added to the rooms. I called it "Manufactured" with Yes/No choice

and in "Assembly Visualization" you just need to add a column with the Manufactured property.

It's great, it's exactly what I was looking for! 

Thank you

2 Likes

You're welcome;)

2 Likes

Hello

Don't forget to validate Coyote as the best answer as you have chosen his solution...

1 Like