SW mortise tenon notch in corners

Hello

I'm looking for a faster way than a sketch to make a notch in a corner of sheet metal. These notches make it possible to avoid assembly problems. Everything is laser cut.

I have attached 2 photos of what I did.

Thank you

Terry

Hello 

DSL but there is no photo.

1 Like

I'll try to put them back 

There is nothing yet, to attach a file just click on choose a file.

Hello

Could the mortise tenon tool not solve your problem? I use it to help with positioning, well configured, it is of good service.

It's not in the default icon bar, you have to go and find it.

Well, it doesn't work in assembly mode, which is a shame....

A+

Hubert

Photo test.

avec_encoche.jpg

photo without notches

sans_encoche.jpg

for me visually speaking

I don't see a diff ?????????????????

by looking at the images posted with or without a notch

@+

Do you see 2 different photos?

If so, for me the notch is the round part.

Mortise tenons are executed with the function of the same name.

This notch allows for trouble-free assembly.

Ha yes ok with the photos, I just understood what you want...

Maybe a material removal according to library could be suitable?

Just drag on the 3D and select the hook point, and the hole is made.

A+

Hubert

Hi gt22,

The laser puts by default a small beam in the mortise corners and therefore the tenon sometimes has trouble going in. We do the same thing and we put a two-tenth gap between the tenon and the mortise. 

I watched a video about these library functions I think it will suit me. I'll look into it during the week because I've never done one.

Thank you

Hello

The 2019 version, currently in version SP1.0, allows you to do this.

Here's an overview on the SolidWorks blog:

https://blogs.solidworks.com/tech/2018/12/whats-new-in-solidworks-2019-sheet-metal-slot-corners.html

Greeting

en1909e25b.pdf
1 Like

Oh well, I'm going to switch to the 2019 SP1 then.

On the other hand, it doesn't do it on the tenon does it?

Hello

The goal is to validate the best answer so that when someone asks the same question we find the solution; And it's also rewarding for people who go to great lengths to find solutions. The best answer should have been attributed to Tibo.P....

2 Likes

Uh, sorry, I'm not used to it. I validate the correct answer and I give feedback when I have done my tests.

1 Like

I just downloaded the 2019 SP1, so this solves my problem for the mortise well. On the other hand, this does not solve it for the tenon which deserves the same thing in its 2 corners. The problem is the same but I haven't found in the mortise tenon option enough to achieve what I want.

We will surely have to open a request for improvement at Dassault on this subject.