SW17 taps need help

Hi all 

I will need your help because no matter how much I searched in the program I didn't necessarily find 

I run under SW17 and I need to do different tapping on a part. 

First I measured my parts 

1st thread made (between the tip vertices) 70mm and between two vertices there is 2.2mm (pitch) 

2nd tapping is 1/4 for an air breather

3rd thread will have to be adapted to the indicator which is 24mm (between tip vertices) and between two vertices there is 1.4mm (pitch)

4th thread will have to be adapted to the fitting which is 41.8mm (between tip vertices) and between two vertices there is 2.2mm (pitch)

thanking you in advance for your help 

DD91

See this link among others

http://joho.p.free.fr/EC/COURS%20DOC/FILETAGE/Construction/FILETAGE%20METRIQUE%20ISO.pdf

@+

5 Likes

Hello

Thank you for your answer, I just looked but there is no nominal diameter 70mm 

Hello denisportable

Then, to model your threads, one of the methods is to use the "Drilling Assistance > Thread" function.

Kind regards

Hello

HERE you will have up to M600x6 ...

Kind regards

3 Likes

Here is another link

http://www.abms.ca/Technique/Filetages_des_boulons.pdf

Now to know if your pitch is standard metric or other

in the case of a cross-section and not non-standard 

you won't find anything in the SW database

It's up to you to create it

@+

2 Likes

pitch is the step right? I deduce that my filtering is M70x2? The measurement of 2.2 may be inaccurate?

"Pitch": yes, it's the step.

M70x2: it could look like it but I can't guarantee it.

The measurement of 2.2 may be inaccurate: For more precision, the measurement must be done over several steps and divide this measurement by the number of steps taken into account.

Kind regards

3 Likes

I guess the threads need to be normalized and that if 2.2 doesn't exist in the charts....

For the realization on solidworks if I understand correctly I have to drill between 69.96 or 69.68 and then I add a 70mm thread and a 2mm pitch? 

Capturing the rendering

capture_1.png

Settings Used

capture_2.png

I'm not an expert but the "Extruder" method is more for threads. For tapping, in my opinion it is better to use the "Cut" method, with a hole diameter corresponding to the inside diameter of the thread. But it can depend on your room.

EDIT: And "Metric Tap" as well.

Hole:

Tapping:

Kind regards

taraud.png

You went for M70x2 but as indicated it could look like it but it's impossible to certify it. What surprises me a little is to find on the same part metric threads and others that are not, for your information, a 2.2mm measurement could also be close to a pitch of 12 threads per inch and the 1.4mm measurement could be very close to a pitch of 18 threads per inch ... if we add the 1/4 thread for the breather it would only make non-metric threads on this part, which seems a little more coherent to me ...

For the representation of the thread I couldn't answer you, I never represent them in real view but just in simplified view.

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello
D.Roger is right, on large taps it is very often a number of threads per inch, you should know where this part comes from.
Kind regards