SW2013. Adding a constraint reference to a library function

Hello

I created library functions for specific holes for high pressure fittings.

I would like to know if it is possible to add stress references with the function to be able to directly constrain the fitting in the assembly.

Thank you

I don't quite understand the question:

or it's library functions and there we use sketch constraints to position the function

Either it's a library part and there indeed we can use constraint references so that the fittings automatically constrain it with a drag drop on another part in the assembly.

2 Likes

In fact, the bookcase function is used to create the hole for these fittings in parts of various shapes.

I would like the faces or edges created by this function to be defined as constraint references. So in the assembly of the part that contains the hole I can insert the fitting and constrain it automatically.

ok so the constraint references are to be applied only on the fittings and not on the library function.

1 Like

Hello

I agree with Thomas.

I was thinking of defining constraint entities like those of the elastic plot in the example by the library function.

So by inserting my fitting (which would correspond to shaft01 of the example) the components would be constrained automatically.

But it doesn't seem possible.

Thank you for your answers

capture.jpg

The example you attached concerns 2 parts and not a library function and a part but from experience I can assure you that by creating constraint references only on the part component it will be more than enough to place your fittings with a simple drag and drop

1 Like