SW2014: PDM Workgroup Add-in Not Available

Hello

I just installed a PC with solidworks 2014.

Everything works perfectly.

The only problem is that in my "tools >> add-ons" list I don't  have the "PDM workgroup" add-in...

I would like to check it so that it starts on its own when solidwork is launched but  it is not there!

However, when I launch "solidworks explorer" and then "workgroup pdm" it works very well. I tried to uninstall and reinstall everything and also to restart but still the same problem.

Do you have a way to add the "PDM Workgroup" component manually in the add-in list?

Thank you for your help!

Hello

This is probably due to the windows  KB3072630 update.

You have to check it from Windows Update (in the control panel) if it is installed.

1. To open Windows Update, click the Start button .Image du bouton Démarrer In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
  2. In the left pane, click View update history.

If so, you should uninstall it by following this tutorial:

http://www.mycadblog.fr/problemes-solidworks-rencontres-apres-la-mise-a-jour-de-microsoft/

Edit: a priori, you can just uninstall the KB from Windows Update, then repair the SolidWorks installation from the control panel > Programs, and it works.

Hello Thank you for your answer.

I forgot a little clarification, it's a Windows 10 workstation...

The windows  KB3072630 update is not installed, I still tried to follow the procedure but it doesn't solve the problem. The add-in is not displayed.

Good evening

Windows 10 is not supported by Solidworks 2014, nor 2015 for that matter, a priori SW 2016 will be compatible with Windows 10.

@+

2 Likes

Hello

Coyote for good Windows 10 is currently not compatible in 2015, but it will be in 2015 SP5 normally and 2016, more info on this link:

http://www.mycadblog.fr/compatibilite-solidworks-et-windows-10/ 

Regarding the problem of the add-in, can you check by modifying your SOLIDWORKS installation that the add-ins in attachments are checked. (all but especially SOLIDWORKS Workgroup PDM x64 Client Add-in)

If not, check them and go to the end of the installation modification.

Good luck

Mick

workgroup.png
1 Like

To remedy the problem I installed under seven solidwork 2014 then I migrated to windows 10 and there perfect, everything works.

Thank you for your help!