SW2016 is looking for part with name part-dash-occurrence number

Hello

Since I switched from SW 2014 to 2016, there are times when SW fails to open rooms because he searches for them with the wrong name and no way to tell him that he is wrong.

Concretely I have a part that has several occurrences, it is called 2STOC-PLT-01.

In my assembly it is written 2STOC-PLT-01<1> for the first occurrence but it is deleted and I can neither open it nor make it appear.

When I hover my mouse over it, it says that it is looking for a part called 2STOC-PLT-01-1.

Obviously he can't find it because it doesn't exist! he adds the number of the occurrence in the name! 

Yet in the properties of the play everything is right, the path and the name.

I also can't drag this same part from the bookcase into my assembly.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem?

I should point out that there are several of us who use the assembly I'm talking about, but I'm the only one who has a problem with it.

Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,

Sarah

pb_sw2016.png

Hello

Have you tried to compare your settings with those of your colleagues??? When you have a bug like that; first we compare all the settings and then we do a repair of the software (Control Panel\All Control Panels\Programs and features then right click on solidworks==>modify and repair the individual installation (on this computer)). Do you have the latest version of the software available (Sp04)??

Did you try to open the room before opening the asm?

Hello

I have the latest version of the SP 4.0 software. Okay, I'm going to look at the settings.

Yes, I opened the part alone and no problem, even the first assembly of this part works.

But in the overall assembly no. And it doesn't always do that, because I have several different models that use the small assembly containing this part and some of them open up very well.

I keep looking.

If you have any other suggestions, I'd love to.

Thank you

Also check for ignored messages (in Option,Error/Warning Message), it is possible that the message: "Could not find the file..." has been ignored, then you have to check it in the options so that it re-appears when canceling the deletion of the component.

Mick

1 Like

Mick : I've already looked in the ignored messages, the problem is that "couldn't find the file... " is not in the list.

So a priori this means that it is not ignored, right?

Indeed, if it is not on the list, it is not ignored.

You can still try to recheck everything and start over, maybe another message is annoying.

Mick

1 Like

That's it! I found it!

Indeed, it came from another message.

"... is already open. Do you want to show this component as already open?" something like that and you had to answer yes.

I guess when I asked to stop displaying it, I said no and he still kept that answer.

In any case, problem solved!

Thank you for your help!

Sarah