SW2016 - Move/Copy Body -> number of copies limited to 25...?

Hello

I want to use the Copy Body feature, but unfortunately I'm limited to 25 copies? Is it the max or is it possible to change the maximum number of features?

Looking forward to your feedback

On SW2016 also I have a step provided by a client in which I move 152 bodies via the move/copy function.

The function is carried out without any problem (even if it is a bit long)

Do you use the function with 25 bodies to move only once, or 25 times the function with 1 body to move in 25 directions?

Which machine, PC configuration do you have?

Wouldn't it be a problem of machine capacity?

deplacer-copier.png
1 Like

Hello

I use the Copy 1 body function, 25 times, in a single direction

capture.png

Hello

Why not do a simple linear repetition...

2 Likes

easier to use this function (point to point) than to enter a dimension manually... Because since it is a preliminary project, the centre distance will have to move.

Yes, but you can dimension your stitches (if you haven't already) and link the dimension in the repeat, so that if you change the center-to-center, the repetition will follow.

1 Like

I tried well, but I don't know how to link the sketch dimension in the linear repeat function....

When you need to put the dimension in the repeat function, you click on your sketch which should bring up the dimension and you click on it and there they will be linked together.

2 Likes

Well, that's exactly what I tried to do, but nothing happens when I click on the sketch in the tree to be able to bring up the desired dimensions...

Have you enabled the 3D moment?

2 Likes

Agree with Cobra + easy to do a repetition either with the controlled rib or even the repetition function by a sketch, just make in your 1st sketch a pôint at each desired repetition location. Then select this sketch. And if you need to modify your sketch for the center distance.

1 Like

Well, sorry but I can't do it ....

in addition it is a piloted dimension, since it comes from the construction of my sketch ....

When you edit the sketch with your rib and you edit that rib, there should be a link below the D1@esquisse1 style and you copy and paste it where you need to put the rib of the repeat, but with a = in front.

2 Likes

Here's how to put the 3D moment

instant_3d_pour_afficher_cote_desquisse_dans_piece.jpg
1 Like

Sbadenis -> yes I know this maneuver well, but not necessarily adapted in my case ....

Cobra -> The problem is that I can't select a link or anything else .... because the dimension is controlled (dimension of 119.47) (resulting from my sketch lines that manage my center distances)

capture.png

Can you post your piece and I'll make you a tutorial?

1 Like

enclosed is my piece.

The goal is therefore to repeat the 40x10 flat, with the centre distance following sketch 17.

piece.sldprt

Hello

The answer has already been given to you by @ac cobra 427 but you may have it misinterpreted...

In  the feature manager, right-click on "Annotations" and then "Show function dimensions".

Create your linear repeat.

In the box where the distance is entered, type "=" and click on the desired dimension.

You can do the same for the number of repetitions.

Confirm.

Kind regards.

2 Likes

Damn, I'm under 2016 and you're under 2017 or 2018. I quickly did a little thing about 2016 with a little tutorial 

sw2016_-_deplacercopier_corps_-_nombre_de_copies_limitees_a_25.zip
2 Likes

Perfect!!!!

It's good to be able to find a solution with some experts!!

Thank you again!