SW2017- Bug Drawing

Hi all.

I'm on solidworks 2017, everything was going well, but since yesterday, it's impossible to make a section view in any assembly (in a drawing). When I draw my cut line and I accept, no cut view is created, and worse, it is impossible for me to do any other action, the cut arrows remain blue. When I type escape, a pop up shows me: "the current operation cannot be interrupted or the document is not available at the moment". 

2 whole days that I search google, and no similar case. I tried:

- to change the quality of the image/performance

- restart the pc

- try on other assemblies

- wait 2 hours

Nothing helps, I'm desperate.

Note that I can still create detail views and breaks, but the bug also occurs if I ask for the properties of a view (in the manager) or if I make a deep section view.

Any idea?

Have a good day everyone.

P.s: sorry for the quality of the image, it's a photo taken at my place of work. I could only try this advice during the day and during the week. Thank you

20200917_091438.jpg

(Sorry for the spam)

An overview of the bug

20200917_091525.jpg

Hello @Colin

Don't be desperate even if it's desperate I agree!
The 2017 version is not that old that you have problems with it! tell us which version of Windows you have on your machine

Small question: on other drawings with cuts of this type, do you manage to reopen them and activate the cut function.

Could you post the part and the MEP in a ZIp    STP?

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello zozo_mp

I'm on Windows 10.

I can open clips with cuts, but even in those clips, I can't create a new cut or edit that cut.

Unfortunately, I am not allowed to send you a document and a plan, because they are confidential documents in industry. I can always try to ask my boss, but not sure if he accepts.

Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

Hello

Have you updated your Windows?

I had the same problem as you  on a position in  my company.

Forcing you to delete the update so that everything is back in order.

Cdlt

5 Likes

Hello YP69,

My last two Windows updates date from September 11 and are:KB4571756 and KB4576478

My problems date from Monday, September 14th, so it is indeed potentially these 2 updates that cause a problem.

Thank you for the hint, I'll keep you posted on the result.

I assume that the machine was stopped and then restarted.

Hello stefbeno,

Yes, I restarted the pc, nothing helps.

I made an attempt to repair solidworks: failed

And, bad news, I uninstalled the 2 windows updates , and it doesn't change anything.

But note that there is a 3rd windows update (KB 4577266) which also dates from September 11th, but that I can't uninstall (impossible).

No one would have any other solution than to uninstall and reinstall all SW?

2 Likes

Hello

I also had problems with drawings the cropped view function which messed up during windows updates in 2019

Here is a link for the procedure for  uninstalling the blocking updates.

uninstall but Windows

Hoping it helps

Cdlt

1 Like

Finally, new windows update today, and the problem is solved.

and I'm a bad player, I select my own answer as a solution

Thank you all for your help!