Auto switch from Property to Feature manager

Hello

After starting to modify library functions, I underwent a small interface change that was quite disturbing.

When I click on a row, usually the property manager opens automatically and when I click esc, I go back to Feature manager mode. However, it's impossible to switch automatically, I have to manually switch between the Feature and the Property manager, whether it's the integration of a function or the selection of an object... I admit that it annoys me a little bit...

I looked in the options, I couldn't find anything, anyone will have a miracle solution??

Thank you

If this didn't happen before, restore your settings (. SLDREG) in Start/All Programs/SolidWorks/SolidWorks Tools/Wizard to copy settings.

If you have previously made a backup of course !!

1 Like

Ditto Benoit,

To test without breaking everything, simply  rename the SW key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Solidworks\SolidWorks xxxx

If this does not correct anything, put back the original name...

7 Likes

Unfortunately, as a novice, I didn't know that it was possible to create a backup of my settings... I'm going to create one now!!

Unfortunately, since I didn't do it earlier, and I don't want to reset everything, I'm still looking for the miracle box to check/uncheck:(

1 Like

Hello

Wouldn't that be a problem due to splitting ?

For example, the property manager would be hidden at the bottom ?

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/Split_Panel_Display.htm

@Joss

Wait until you have solved your problem to make the backup. It would be a shame to do it 2 times ;-)

1 Like

I'm ashamed to answer...

In fact, the option to check / uncheck is located in: Options / System Options / General / Automatically show the Property manager (i.e. at the very first level of options...).

Sorry, I hadn't searched enough... Even if it seems weird to me, I've had the problem for about 1 hour and I haven't touched the system options of the day... Anyway... Problem solved, thanks to the community for your answers!

Hello

Please note that this backup file made with the Solidworks tool should only be used on the current version (2014 for example).

When you switch to a later version, it is strongly recommended to re-check all your options manually and to re-save the options of this new installed version.

Cédric

1 Like