Difficult symmetry

Hello

I can't make a symmetry from a face created by a smoothing yet I don't see any flaw on the sketch of the right plane or I saw wrong...

I am enclosing my piece including a screenshot of the blue side which is problematic.
I am under SW 2017

Thank you in advance.
Diiity

glass roof. SLDPRT (174.4 KB)

Good evening, I think it comes from your plane of symmetry.
Good night
Fred

1 Like

Good evening

Smoothing is never very clean so your plane is not flat (especially when you don't have guide curves)...

Workaround:
Make a boss in the other direction, do your smoothing (with merging the tnaagent faces and merge the result), do your material removal, do a material removal to remove the material put at the beginning, do the symmetry (it's very stupid but the initial material must force SW to join the volumes cleanly).

Clean solution:
Put guide curves so that your smoothing doesn't do anything and that your face that is supposed to be flat is really flat (it must be possible but good luck...)

Have a good flight to you

1 Like

yes indeed but I don't see where!

Thanks for the workaround.
Well I'll test it and I'll get back to you

I succeeded with the workaround method, the guide curves not worked.

Thank you

Good evening

Small causes, big effects...

In the smoothing sketch1, the supposedly vertical segment is not quite vertical.
Adding guide curves will not change the matter if all the segments of the profile sketches are not coplanar.
Once this "detail" of the non-vertical segment is corrected, the face of the body becomes flat, and symmetry is possible. Even without guide curves.

Generally speaking, a rigorous design uses totally constrained sketches.
This property is evidenced by the black color of all entities. Sketch1 was blue...

Kind regards.

4 Likes

Indeed, you're right, I checked sorry I didn't notice it.