Mechanical locking system hatch

Hi everyone

I usually post questions about CAD software. But today it's a mechanical problem that brings me in.

I am currently designing a maintenance access hatch. I have a gas spring that helps with the opening and cushions the closing. On this hatch 2 wrists its weld, so that the technician comes to support himself and thus descend along the ladder. I am looking to design a mechanical system that locks my hatch in the open position (90°) without hindering the access to the hatch (access is from the right).

I attach a screen printout.

Any ideas to propose to me?

Any ideas to offer me?

trappe1.pdf

Why can't the jack be used as a hold?

A bit like on car trunks

1 Like

Hello

A system of this type but vertically? The operator presses the "triangle" to clear the hatch. A safer design is of course advised;) 

@Bart, because the operator leans on his wrists to descend, but in the case of the car trunk it is the user's effort that lowers the trunk

It would flash 2 cylinders on each side and lockable to support the technician's weight. Except the right side cannot be obstructed and a single cylinder would be insufficient to hold the weight of the technician + hatch.

Additional info:

The hatch measures 1200x755x5, weighs approx. 18 kg and is made of aluminum.

Adding a kickstand on the side of the gas spring or a lockable compass can lock your hatch. While leaving the access on the right.

edit: car hood style this time!!

1 Like

Aurélien: I like the system. Only nothing can be put vertically, at least once the hatch is closed, the platform must not have any obstacles. (Level 0 everywhere)

What do you mean by "safer design"?

I am obviously open to any advice in terms of design.

Oops... I clicked on "this answer solved my problem" without meaning to :-s

How do I undo the resolution of the issue?

opiep27: The idea of the kickstand is not bad, only I'm afraid that the weight of the technician will make the hatch bend on the other side (given the long length).

Hello

By removing the cuffs from the trapper and putting them on the ladder in a retractable way?

Hello Frédéric.

The idea is not bad, it would suit me perfectly, no need to size a locking system, but it seems to me not very reassuring.

A system that can be retracted on an aluminium ladder. The wrists must have an extension of more than one meter.

Another problem is to store the wrists ? Under the trapdoor perhaps.

I find it hard to imagine the system but I like the idea.

trappe.png

She would slide along the ladder, and by making a 1/4 turn of the wrist her locks her in the up position.

Round wrist that would slide in an arc of a circle, an opening in the arc of a circle would allow the passage of an axis that by turning the wrist locks everything and easy to unlock.

I don't know if I managed to be very clear there....

Edit: the same qtyle as it is for the sewers basically.

1 Like

Is it possible to have a diagram? The first part is clear, the second one I have a little more trouble visualizing.

Is that a little clearer?

The first one who laughs because of the drawing pays for the aperitif!

sans_titre.png
2 Likes

@ Fred I'm not kidding but I'm willing to drink the aperitif

not easy to make a raised hand with a mouse ;-))

2 Likes

@ santino

Your analysis breaks down into X problem 

A trapdoor that must not work by the weight that will pass over it

with 2 firm and open points which must both be with a possibility of blocking

The safety of the badot so that it does not fall into the hole baluster chain

Access to the first rung of your ladder

add a section of sliding ladder under your hatch that would rest on the existing ladder would allow the hatch to be blocked when opening and would facilitate the descent of the worker

The function of the jacks should only be used to open and close the hatch but above all no opening safety

which + is via the position of this hatch and the wrists we hold on to it to go down so we pull in closure that's why I think we need a rigid blocking of this hatch

This rigid blocking can be done via either a mini ladder that would be housed on the upper rungs of the descent ladder via a fixed slide under the hatch so the hatch is open no effort on the  or the jack

That's my basic idea

@+ ;-))

1 Like