Family table - subject assignment

Hello

In solidworks, how do you assign the same material to all instances of a family table?

1 Like

By default, if you do not drive the material in the part family, the material is the same for all configurations.

then if you want to drive the material by configuration you have to fill in the column header $library:material@nom_pièce (or $bibliotheque:materiaux@nom_pièce in french)
which allows you to search the existing materials library for the name of a material, so you will fill in for example as a value: solidworks materials:Brass

3 Likes

I don't know if it can help but I believe this question has already been asked, right?

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/cao/comment-affecter-une-matiere-a-une-famille-pieces

1 Like

Yes, but I should have been more precise....

This works from the 2013 version.

At the moment I'm working on 2012, the family table is already created (without subject assignment) and I would like to assign an identical subject to all the instances. When I do, only the instance is modified.

1 Like
You have to check that the material property does not exist in "File > Properties > tab Specific to the configuration"
2 Likes

If you want to change the material for all configurations in the part family:

- right click on material

- Choose the material to be assigned, by choosing in the tab: Config...   and selecting all configurations

The material should normally be assigned to all conf.

Or else:

- right click on the material

- configure the material

- and we choose the material according to the configuration.

Hoping that this solves the problem.

2013-12-30__mat_famille_de_piece.jpg
1 Like

You can use our ''SelectMaterial'' utility. This utility allows you to assign a material using the "This Configuration", "All Configurations", or "Specify Configurations" options.

1 Like