Folding table SW 2012

Hello

I always find a difference between the unfolded one provided by SW and the machine. This is probably due to crease loss.

Is there a method to apply the values extracted from the machine (experimentally)  in solidworks in order to have the same unfolded.

Thank you in advance.

Hello

Yes, you have to fill in the corresponding tables.

When you create a sheet metal, instead of leaving the loss to the bend to the neutral fiber, use the table that you obviously need to fill in.

@+

1 Like

Hello

If I remember correctly, there is a factor k to enter in SW which corresponds to a coefficient measured according to the Vés of bending.

Doing machine tests

with plates # attention direction of rolling 

angle #

Measure and ............ Apply the correct COEF

Nothing could be more true

if you have to unfold without knowing the losses of the machine via the 2 V it will always be wrong without the real machine value

@+ ;-)

Hello

SW's help provides a small explanation on the famous K-factor that must be entered in the template tables.

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/K_factor.htm

Depending on the method of calculating the unfolding, either use a table with a K factor or a table of loss at the bend for example.

I think I'm going to start by using a crease loss table, input  the values from the machine tests. It's going to take a long time. But it was worth it because sometimes it disrupts production enormously, especially for other materials such as stainless steel.

Thank you for your advice:)

The fold loss table is made for this

You can fill it in with your machine abacus

For special materials the rule is to cut 100mm scraps for each thickness and measure the outer sides after a 90° bend, we get 100 - a -b = loss at the bend

3 Likes

Hello

I'm a cartoonist in a folding company, and therefore well placed to talk about it.

Among other things, I am in charge of drawing the plans for the workshop by incorporating the unfolded parts and then programming the different machines.

It is true that at the beginning, it is necessary to align yourself between theory (theoretical courses, various documentation, etc.) and practice in the workshop (precision of the machines, use of the right tools according to the different cases, etc.).

Because Solidworks has several programming options depending on the way you work.

Personally, after a lot of trials, I ended up using the K factor without any particular folding table. I pay close attention to the thickness of my piece, the v I am going to use, and therefore my bending radius. (Small table quite simple to find on the canvas.)

Example: For 15/10ths, I use a 16mm V with a bend radius of 2.6mm and a K factor of 0.33.

I hope my explanation will help you.

Good luck!

1 Like