SolidWatch Array, Decimal Separator

Hello

Since we switched to SolidWorks (as well as SolidWatch) 2016, the decimal separator in tables is the comma.

This is problematic for us because we export our tables to Excel to do transformations, and the decimal separator would have to be the period.

How do I fix this? Is this a SolidWatch option? A SolidWorks option?

Thank you.

SolidWorks Version: 2016 SP3
SolidWatch Version: v2016.16.04

Hello

No indication in the SolidWatch help on this subject?

I looked, but I didn't see anything that talked about that.

According to a colleague of mine, we have been dealing with this problem for quite some time, but he can't remember how to fix it. But at least it has to be correctable.

Indeed, I found nothing.

Maybe an Excel macro can change the comma by a period easily.

Otherwise, you have to make a request to myCAD support to find out if it's intended (I'm leaning towards a bug or an oversight).

Hello

I don't know Solidwatch but rather well Excel
have you reinstalled your computer to install SW 2016?

In any case, in Excel it's windows that takes precedence over excel in terms of comma or period for the decimal separator

To make the modification (on win 7)
Go to the config panel.
Clock, language and region
Region and language
Format tab
Additional Settings
and there we find the decimal symbol
Putting a period instead of a comma
restart Excel and normally it's good

2 Likes

Thanks, but the Windows separator is the period and not the comma, and the problem is in SolidWorks and not in Excel.

otherwise 2nd option
In Solidworks Option

general

you have a line use the default decimal symbol for odds
At the end of this line you have a box where you can set the decimal separator to "."

I don't know if it's going to work

Indeed, I have already checked this and it is also the "." (period).

Thank you.

I also opened a ticket on MyCAD support.

It's still strange because it works here...

Logically it should work
Did you restart Solidworks once the configuration was modified
The box must be checked, so normally it uses the Windows locale

Use the default decimal symbol for the dimensions:

Uses the operating system's default decimal symbol for displaying numbers with decimal parts. To override the default symbol, turn off the option and enter a symbol (usually a period or comma).
Use the system default setting, from the Windows Control Panel .

I didn't restart because Windows was already with the dot (forever) and the option was already checked (Forever as well).

Otherwise by editing in Excel simply by a CTRL + H, fill in as below:

Click on "search all" and on "replace all" ;)!

And as . Pl, you can also start a macro recording of this action and have the corresponding code!

1 Like

That's how I've done it so far, but it would still be nice if we could change it directly. Otherwise I'll create a macro, it's not a problem for me.

Otherwise I tried to create a simple SolidWorks drill chart, and this is the dot that is used as a decimal separator. So I'd rather lean towards a SolidWatch problem.

So I looked with the Axemble service.

And it turns out that a simple "CTRL+Q" reconstruction replace all commas with dots in arrays.

Thank you