BOM spreadsheet

Hi all

I'm working on the Soliworks 2011 version

I would like to use the column boxes normally in the same way as Excel

That is to say :

Addition, multiplication, (or division) in a cell of two or three cells in the same row

Copy the functions assigned to a cell, copied to the other cells in the same column.

Apparently the nomenclature cannot be used as a spreadsheet, probably due to the links of the custom properties.

But it seems possible to configure cells by using Σ

if I have no problem integrating functions (equations) to the sides of a sketch.

In the context of integrating functions into cells belonging to a nomenclature, I have not found the right way to do this. (grrrr)

The Help Tutorial is not clear, impossible to understand the logic of the entry.

Thanks in advance to whoever can help me, because for now, I save the sldbomtbt file on excel in order to be able to do the operations that I was unable to program directly in the bill of materials.

Attached example on the attached Edrawing.

Thank you all.

YB

as_06_mec_arc_-_feuille1.edrw

Hello

I am not sure why you need to add formulas to your nomenclature.

What will these formulas be used for?

Do you have a concrete example?

Thank you =)

1 Like

Hello

Personally, I don't think that sldw manages excell.

When you insert an excell sheet in a drawing, you see in the excell task manager open (no open sheet elsewhere on my computer) to manage it.

Rom's

sans_titre.jpg

Thank you for your answer

I can only repeat what I tried to explain in my question

I want in my nomenclature to have 1 column Unit Prize, 1 column Qty, and 1 column Total

I try to do the input by the  Σ, but don't succeed

My example is in the Edrawing that I attached in my question

Hello

Tests here.

http://help.solidworks.com/2013/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/c_Equations_in_Tables_and_BOMs.htm

Good luck.

On SW13, I managed to do a multiplication by typing "B2*D2", but I couldn't find a way to repeat this formula as I did on Excel.

Are you at least getting to this stage?

1 Like

Which BOM format (table-based / Excel format) do you use? (http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/HIDD_ADD_BOM.htm?id=2550c5820cf04b79a738acfc42ef749b#Pg0)

Another avenue, admittedly more twisted: it is possible to create a nomeclature in excel format without drawing (http://www.forum-cao.fr/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=861).

It is possible to insert an excel object into a drawing.

By combining these 2 possibilities, you should get closer to your goal.

Edit: complement to my message

- I don't have SW2011 on hand to do a test but given my second link it must be good;  

- You must first select the view that will serve as the basis for the BOM before searching for the order.

- Under SW2014, I just did a test:

After the table is created on the drawing

double-click in it, to add columns you have to insert them before the "$$END" column

in the column I added I created a formula like with XL and I was able to duplicate it by pulling the handle (still like with XL)

I couldn't add a row at the bottom of the name but I was able to put one above the column title with a "sum" formula on the column I added.

It should be possible to create your own template based on the files provided...

1 Like