EPDM Task

I would like to create a task that can simply make a copy of me in a non-EPDM directory?

Has anyone ever done that?

Is this possible with myEPDMtools?

Hello

It's not possible with myPDMtools, but you have to look with the Dispatch commands if it's possible

Another example of using the Dispatch : http://www.mcad.com/mcad-tech-blog/enterprise-pdm-dispatch-addin/

What is the purpose of this?

2 Likes

The goal is as follows.

In the EPDM I would like the QUALITY department (which has an EPDM Contributor license) to integrate and manage the following documents from the EPDM:

• The procedures: (in Word format): for these documents no problem I have a WF and I think that with myPDMtools at the validation of it I should be able to make a PDF copy of the document in a non-EPDM directory (*).
  • Document templates (Word, Excel, powerpoints, etc....), that's why I'd like to make a copy at the validation of this one (I'm going to make a simple WF I think with 3 states: Create-Valid-Invalid) in a directory outside EPDM (*).

(*) Why a copy Outside EPDM: because EPDM is "marginal" in our country and not everyone is equipped with an EPDM license, the whole company must be able to have access to the document templates (gathered in a single directory for the whole company, with a single codification) as well as to all the procedures (gathered in a single directory for the purpose of the EPDM). with a single codification).

Ideally:

•  When I modify the procedure or a document template, the modified file (as a result of validation after modification) replaces the existing file in the non-EPDM directory.
  • When I invalidate the procedure or a document template, the invalidated file must be deleted in the non-EPDM directory and must remake a non-EPDM copy by renaming it to "filename-INVALID"

Hello

This should be feasible as long as you have a little mastery of macro programming.

For me it is enough to create a task in the EPDM via the task editor (see screenshot)

If you want this to run during a transition of your WF, assign the task during the transition.

sans_titre.png

Hello

From PDM, you can create a task to create PDFs, and save them in several different places... (see attached file).

Why in PDF, because in our country only a few substations are equipped with EPDM, and many people need to consult the plans...

Hoping to have helped you.

Cdt

Eric

pdf-pdm.jpg

Hello

Attached is an example of a Dispatch that copies the selected files out of the vault.

What you want to do is possible with the Dispatch

For PDFs as @frepo says due to the task of PDM or DocPublication.

A+ 

copyfile.zip
2 Likes

To answer @frepo:

For the present need, I am not looking to make PDF (Since I want to manage my document templates in EPDM and make a copy of them outside EPDM so that the whole company can use them)

For your information, when validating our manufacturing parts, we perform 4 specific tasks in a non-EPDM directory:

• PDF since SolidWorks drawing
  • Edrawing since the SolidWorks drawing
  • of the WWTP from the 3D model
  • from the 3D model

As a result, the subcontracting department but also the after-sales service has access to all the plans from the BEM and can provide our manufacturing subcontractors with the necessary files without having to wait for the BEM.

@prossignol, thanks for the macro I'll test this during the day.

2 Likes

@flegendre and @frepo

Hello

How does the fact that EPDM rewrites the pdf present on the common server?

If an average user has a pdf file open on his machine, does EPDM manage to overwrite the pdf file or is it blocked in writing because it is being read. Is simply making the directory where the pdfs are stored read-only (except for EPDM users so that they can generate the pdfs) enough?

Are there more subtle settings for this common repertoire?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Kind regards

F. Roussel