SolidWork 2D Editor File Size

Hello

on a 32-bit XP computer, a file. DWG (2014 version) is created

if this file is opened with the same version on a 64-bit Seven computer, then slightly modified and saved, its size is multiplied by 4-5

Is this normal?

Hello, by doing a save as, does it change anything? Otherwise for 2D I really recommend DraftSight (equivalent to Autocad but free) which is very complete.

No, we don't even make a change, just a selection so the file is not actually modified but when we do "save as", its size is 4-5 times the original.

If I take this abnormally large file with the XP version and do the same thing again (select and save), it goes back to a normal size.

I reiterate my proposal, use DraftSight!

http://www.3ds.com/fr/produits-et-services/draftsight/telecharger-draftsight/

The latest version is no longer compatible with XP, but I have the latest compatible version if needed, and it works well on PCs in the workshop (stability, etc...).

Thank you for the information but the question is not to change application for the moment but to understand why this enlargement of the file under a 74bits, is it related to this environment?

3 Likes

I haven't found any inforamtion on this, try to see with your dealer.

Our dealer could answer this type of purely technical question....

We are not the only ones to use your product under XP and SEVEN, can you tell me?