DXF file size

Hello
When I take out a plan file I save my plans in PDF and DXF for the manufacture of these
For the same plan, the PDF is about 100KB and the DXF 1000KB.
We'd like to optimize the size of the DXF file, when I open it with Draftsight for example and save it in DXF 2000/2002, the file size halves, so I wanted to know if there wasn't a simpler, automated method
I am attaching a file for testing and an image of my recording options on solidworks
Thank you

170011-6491-d0132647-a0-01.dxf

When saving in dxf in Solidworks, you can choose the version in "option".

3 Likes

Hello

less than 1MB for a DXF is not heavy... I just sent to email a 6.3 MB file without pb... Why would you want to reduce your file size?

2 Likes

Hello, I agree, if we lighten it is because we simplify. If we simplify, we lose detail...

To think about I think.

Cdt

2 Likes

Personally, I will not question the question of ogaillard, which remains relevant.

It has its reasons, which may be different from ours, from our functioning, or needs.

Maybe it's simply to send several plans at the same time, it doesn't matter.

The lightening of the dxf dwg is not related to the fact of "simplifying something, and therefore removing details"

Yes there is a difference between SW and Draftsight, I don't think you have access to its settings as advanced in Solidworks.

Maybe try to see its options (file / save as / DXF / Options / DWG-DXG):

"merge ends" (with or without) and see if there is a difference

"high quality" (with or without)

3 Likes

Indeed I want to reduce the size of the files because we send our subcontractors emails with a lot of shots of times + 200 files hence the fact that we want to reduce to the maximum 

I managed to reduce the size of my shot by simplifying my cartridge by removing an image 

In my opinion with solidworks the software does not optimize as much as a real 2D software such as draft sight or autocad because with these software I can go down the size to 100kb or 10 times less with the same detail and the same version of DXF

1 Like

Hello

Otherwise, I use Wetransfer to send files to my suppliers and it works very well.

https://wetransfer.com

1 Like

Hello

Your 1009KB dxf file as an example is only 93KB once zipped!!!

Kind regards

2 Likes

It would be too simple to be able to zip and wetransfer in fact the plans are sent directly with an order via our erp so it complicates

Thank you for your contribution, I think my pb is due to the fact that solidworks does not optimize the file size like a software dedicated to 2D such as autocad or draftsight

1 Like

One solution, the screenshot that you send to the subcontractors. (the exit is there??? ok thanks....) :)

sorry no real solution for me.

Cdt

2 Likes

What really makes the difference when you record a drawing in dwg/dxf with Solidworks is the presence or absence of an image.

That's why I do my dxf from the part rather than from the drawing.

I provide a pdf (which is authentic) for the drawing.