Tapping

Hello

I'm new to solidworks

I created threads with the drilling assistant, but I can't make the threads appear, especially since on the drawing, you can just see a diameter without the representations of the thread.

Could someone help me? I think it's just a box to check but I don't know which one.

Christian

Hello

Normally it's done automatically! Can you mail your piece with the MEP?

When creating the function; Have you checked thread representation???

representation_filetage.png
3 Likes

Hello

To see thread threads appear on a MEP, you have to do Insert=> object of the model, then choose the thread representations from the annotations.

Fred

1 Like

Hello

I solved my problem, I had forgotten to check the thread representation.

Thank you cobra427

Frederick's proposal is interesting because there are indeed two notions of thread representation

-The one proposed by @ ACcobra (whom I salute) and which corresponds to the classic representation of a thread in a drawing for a very long time but here in 3D with its corollary of representation in the MEP.

Except that there is a trap in Solidworks, not to say a very big oddity. In the image given as an example by ACcobra, it is a straight pipe thread and not an M6 thread for example, but in the example a G3/8 gas pitch.

If you want to make a real M6 thread for example, you have to do it differently. But if you do a tapping with the drilling assistance tool, well the representation of the tapping does not appear in 3D  (personally I haven't found how to display the annotation while it is possible for welding) in 3D: hence the interest of what Frédéric proposes if you absolutely want to show in the 3D that it is possible to There is a thread and not a smooth hole.

- The one proposed by Frédéric, which is not opposed to that of @ACcobra but it is a pictorial representation of threading. It is actually an image mapped to the hole. This representation is useful if you are rendering with a SW tool. This second proposal has the disadvantage of not appearing in the 2D views of the MEP but does appear for some views in the MEP if we add the 3D model in shaded mode.

PLEASE note that if the thread was made with the Drilling Assist tool, it must appear with the correct M6 shape, e.g. in the MEP, regardless of the display chosen in the 3D.

See you

1 Like