Engineering technology

Research documentary database of engineering techniques. I already have a base but I' m still missing a lot. ex B5420

Techniques of the engineers it is a paid base. I don't think anyone will send you the documents like that... Especially since I'm not sure it's legal. 

After that, some schools have accounts for their students. If you work with them for a project, internship, ... and that it is about waterproofing, it would be logical for them to go and get this kind of document....

3 Likes

Hi david, I would be in possession of this document but I don't know if I have the right to provide it to you :/

Notice to the community...

2 Likes

Hello

You can try with this link in Remote Access, but I don't know if it's paid or not.

http://bibliotheque.cnam.fr/thematiques/ressources-numeriques-en-informatique-sciences-et-techniques-de-l-ingenieur-555153.kjsp

Cdt

Fred

1 Like

Indeed, there is a charge and like any medium, copies are illegal. But like CAD software and for personal training needs, I don't think anyone will try to harm me. Moreover, today, schools have more and more open access to this data. Catia, solidworks, proe or creo license and documentary resources such as technical engineer http://scd.docinsa.insa-lyon.fr/cafedoc-les-techniques-de-lingenieur-0

The legality is not to profit monetarily I think. 

1 Like

For CAD software, schools pay for a special student license. It is cheaper, gives the right to fewer things... but it is still paying!

What you're asking for is piracy, like for movies actually. It's widespread on the internet, a lot of people are doing it... but it remains illegal

You're not going to go to your grocer and tell him "I'll take 3 tomatoes from you but don't pay for them. Indeed, it is not to take advantage of it." Well, it's obviously the same thing;)

Edit: The worst part of all this is that you say it yourself at the beginning "all copies are illegal". So not only do you take the risk... but so does the person who provides you with the copy! And I don't think it's very nice to ask people to go illegal.

4 Likes

Schools pay (very) a lot of money to have access to different resources such as engineering techniques. They give free access to their students and teachers/researchers, but it was paid for at the beginning. It's not free

3 Likes

Schools pay dearly? I think they pay much less than a private company! on the other hand they have unlimited access! It's part of the communication budget to attract students, potential future buyers of this service. Just like CAD education licenses...

I remember at engineering school, that a whole class shared the work to extract all the content in PDF on DVDs. Myth or reality, I don't know if they succeeded!

But if you want to exchange, do it in PM, it will avoid starting a controversy in public here;)

4 Likes