SW Download

I always have a problem when I download a SolidWorks version,

Here is the message:

I can't download in one go.

I asked the IT department at our house: No proxy server installed or even blocking on download

An idea about the problem, or a tip, I'm all for it....

I sometimes get this message when I reinstall my workstations.

But our school has a very low flow.

1 Like

Hello, try to log in and download the installer directly in your customer area. (see link)

https://login.solidworks.com/nidp/idff/sso?id=cpenglish&sid=0&option=credential&sid=0&target=https://customerportal.solidworks.com/eservice_fra/start.swe?SWECmd=Login&SWEPL=1&SRN=&SWETS=1267144948839

Good luck

Hello

I just had the problem for sw 2016 sp5, it downloads a file and then it freezes. I reclicked x times until it restarted, it downloads, it blocks, you click  again ect........

May the force be with you.

2 Likes

When I have this problem I download it directly on the official portal, and with mozilla firefox, because you can resume downloads that are blocked... you can find a free portable version on their site... it allows you to have it without installation;)

1 Like

@Obi Wan,

Is it for the SW2016 SP5.0!!!

I started the download in the morning, in the evening it's good. But you have to watch to restart the download when it freezes. Sometimes I clicked maybe 20 times before it started again.

I installed SW2016 on a workstation but I have a message asking me to upgrade the solidnetwork license. I contacted the hotline, I'm waiting.

may the force be with you.

Upgrading SolidnetWork.... !!!

Were you already in SW2016 with a lower SP?

no I installed direct with SP5, I may be wrong but it seems to me that it is possible?

May the force be with you

sw2016.jpg

I understand better.

If you change version (SW2015 to SW2016) you are obliged before changing your SW SolidNetworks before.

despite everything with a SolidNetWorks of SW2016 you can make a SW2015 work but not the other way around.