Automatic MEP Rating Template

Hello
New question of the day: Creation of a Template for MEPs with automatic scoring.
Currently we are working with a subcontractor for our glass orders. When we order him, as we draw in 2D, they have all the information on the plan.
But as we now want to move to 3D, I wanted to know if it was possible to impose an automatic rating on an MEP?

I made a Template where the part automatically goes into plan with the overall dimensions and the holes if there are any. However, when I have a rounding on a corner or a rectangular recess, the rating is not done. I still have the overall but no indication of radius or dimensions of the recess.

The goal is not to re-open the plans and to rework them by hand. Because we can have a large amount of glass to order, so a large amount of plan to re-open.

Thank you in advance for your help
Have a nice day
Axel

P.S: For solidworks 2024 SP4.0
And here is a visual that shows the overall, but not the rounding at the top right corner

1 Like

Hello Axel-BOIROT,
Please let us know the version of SW as well as screenshots if possible.
@+.
AR.

Hello;

As you have noticed, some dimensions do not automatically appear on your drawings:
Chamfers, spokes, holes made with the drilling assistant...
These are all dimensions that come directly from a function and not from a sketch.
To be able to reassemble them in your Drawings, use the " Model Object " command (From the drawing):

On the other hand, I'm not sure that you can add these " imports " directly in the " template " of a drawing. If someone knows a technique, I'm interested too...

Waiting for a favorable response, if you want to view the rating of your rays... I'm afraid that you will have to integrate them (the shelves) directly into your design sketches and skip the leave functions... I agree that this is not ideal.

… There was a time when I tried to automatically import quotes via a macro ... it was a dismal failure...

Kind regards.

4 Likes

Hello @Maclane
Thank you for this feedback.
Indeed, I also use the sketch dimension when I make my drawings, but since it's an automatic export via the swood report, I don't know how to do it :smiling_face_with_tear:
Thank you for this reminder in any case
Have a nice day

I just tried with your piece. The rounding comes out well in automatic

In the import options, I checked " Import annotations " as well as " Design annotations"

But I come back to what I said in another of your posts: even in automatic, you have to reopen to check.
Here, for example, the R50 was placed inside the room and not outside as the rule dictates :wink:

3 Likes