Mortise tenon

Hello

How do you do a mortise tenon on solidworks

What tool or complement should we use

Thank you

Hello

Which version are you on?? You have to use the extrusions to create them. Removal of material for the mortising machine and addition for the tenon. We leave a set of 2 to 5 tenths depending on the thickness.

4 Likes

To create mortise and tenon 

In my opinion, since your request consists of creating several and of different sizes,

Do as on the router 

create iron sketches and put them in memory for a library 

and to have a good placement create an axis so create your piece of wood by the neutral fiber with an extrusion on each side 

you'll lose a little time at the beginning but after what a time saver

Same for your wood sections, you can go through a section library

in short, this is how I proceed

@+

3 Likes

Hello

thank you for your answers

This is what I already do, but I have already received files that have a mortise tenon function.

If not, do you have a function library already made?

Thank you

cx_doc001981497.sldprt

If you have already received a file with these tools look in the SW options

but me to my knowledge on standard pro or premium unknown

maybe with a SWOOD adim

@+

I just saw that it's a new option in SW 2018 for sheet metal

See page link

http://www.lynkoa.com/actualites/solidworks/solidworks-world-2017-jour-3-nouvelles-fonctionnalit%C3%A9s-solidworks-2018-nouveau

@+

3 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

thank you is not the answer to the problem posed

So if possible make sure that the answer that answers this question the most is defined as the best answer

so -1

@+;-(

4 Likes

You have to validate the person who helped you find the answer and NO VALIDATE YOURSELF WITHOUT GIVING ANY INDICATION OF HOW YOU SOLVED THE PROBLEM...

If you have this function in a Solidworks part, it's because it's from 2017 because during the beta tests I was able to test this function. Either you also have 2017 or you are in 2016 sp5. Because this one opens in 2017...

1 Like

Hello

I take the liberty of reminding me because as my colleagues say thank you is not a solution. There are people who spend time helping others. The minimum is to give them the best answer. Because first of all it gives meaning to the position and moreover it rewards the efforts given.

So who helped you the most????????.

2 Likes