Max angular tolerance between screws/nuts

Hello everyone, I would like to know the maximum angular tolerance so that the assembly between a screw and a nut is done correctly. Thank you, if attached a diagram.

capture1212.png

Good evening

I don't think there is a standard because for optimal assembly they must be perpendicular to each other.

Good evening

1. It all depends on the diameter, the bigger it is, the more remarkable the game will be. We assume that for your request they are triangular profile nets
  2. the tolerances for M14 are 6H, 6H for the nut and 6g 6g for the screw (it can be 6h6h if it is zinc coated for example)
  3. without going into calculations between the different tolerances according to the diameter, let's say that for M12 you will have for the first gripped net a clearance between the min and the max of about 2°. Suffice to say nothing at all, even if you have the Breton palud and your hand is shaking.
  4. Morality we cannot play on any misalignment under penalty of the screw engaging badly and destroying the thread  (in workshop language we say ""he screwed up the thread this c.......)   ""

Kind regards

4 Likes

Thank you for your answers, I see that this forum is very active! So if I understood correctly, with an alignment tolerance of about 2° on M12 in 6g-6h , the whole thing must be assembled?

Good evening

Be careful, this cannot correct a permanent misalignment of the two parts to be assembled. It's just when you mount it on one or two bolt turns that you have this semblance of tolerance (because the screw is a little bit in the nut or in the tap. The bolt and nut or screw and nut must strictly coaxial at the time of tightening. Otherwise, as we see too often, screws are not only used in tension, because a screw should never work in shear (except for shoulder screws made of 12.9 quality steel)

You would have to specify what you want to do because a screw and a nut are always to assemble two plates together. To get a totally correct answer from the forum, please specify the editing.

Kind regards

4 Likes