Hello

So here is a problem that is a bit of a problem for us

So we have 2 drawings

1 drawing of a 3D part

1 drawing of a 3D assembly

So they have the 2, 1 same piece linked

So we put the sides of the outer part, and we add a tolerance on the outer part

the rating was therefore taken from the 3D

So what I'm actually looking to do is that  in the drawing of the assembly we see the dimension with the tolerance

but that in the plan with the piece alone we do not see it.

So the problem that we have here, is that if we display it on the assembly drawing and we open the drawing of the part it shows up the outside of its opening. And conversely, if we hide it from the drawing of the part and it hides the outside of  the opening of the drawing of the assembly.

Do you have a solution to your problem, so to fix that on the assembly the tolerance is not hidden and that on the drawing of the part it is hidden?

I am attaching a ZIP file that contains:

1) an image representing what we are trying to have as a difference

2) 3D parts

3) the 2 drawings

Thank you in advance for your help:)

Steve

cotation_tolerance_2mep_differente.zip

Hello

First of all, the dimension you display in your drawings is the same (dimension inserted from the template) so whatever the modification made to this dimension it will necessarily be visible on both planes, at the level of the operating system it is not abnormal.

To do what you want, there are several solutions available to you:

1- Do not use a dimension of the model in the drawing of the assembly, i.e. to manually place the dimension with the smart dimensioning tool and assign a tolerance to it, this dimension will be defined only in the drawing of the assembly and will therefore not affect the display of the dimension of the model in the drawing of the the piece.

2- Make two configurations of the part, a classic one with the non-tolerated dimension, and a second with a strictly identical geometry but with a tolerance on the side, so we will use the configuration of the part with the tolerance in the assembly and the one without the tolerance in the drawing of the part.

I hope this will be useful to you.

Hello

Ok I take note, I'm just wondering if the style option in the property could help me

But now I know that this is not the case

So I'll note by hand, since some parts have about 100 configurations, it will be hard to add more for the understanding;)

In any case, thank you again for this information that I will be able to pass on

Have a nice day

Steve