Cone sheet metal

Hello

I would like to create the unfolded version of this part but with the sheet metal option, I can't do it, it can't do it.

So I would like to know the pot holder that should be done.

Thank you in advance to all

Kind regards

sans_titre.jpg

You have to make an open profile on each sketch. To then be able to use the transition fold function of sheet metal and unfold it.

2 Likes

Hello

I don't know the possibilities of the SW sheet metal module but I would say that your part must be split and the faces of the thickness must be perpendicular to the sides.

S.B

you have to create a cut and go through sheet metal and unfold

See tutorial

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/tuto-comment-faire-un-cone-en-tolerie

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Hello

There was a similar question a while ago about Lynkoa, I'm looking for it and I'm coming :)

Edit: Well, no way to find it, the "search" function is definitely not easy to manage... In short, there is a question and you can find it by leafing through all the pages.

Otherwise, it would have been a question of using the transition folds on a cone to cut out a part and be able to unfold it.

Good luck

Here's an ex

2014-02-03__cone.sldprt
1 Like

The virolle is not cut. and it would be better to go through the sheet metal function "Transition folds"

Attached is an example

screenshot049.jpg
3 Likes

If you don't want to go through a transition fold, there's an extremely simple function:

you draw an oblique line, function revolution on 359°, then insertion, sheet metal, folds, selected the right edge of the cut and validate!