Sheet metal and stamping

The desired result is the surface piece below but in sheet metal function (with a thickness and a "flat" state).

I'm going to have to use the stamping shapes, which I know how to do for "simple shapes". Can I make all of them from one shape of stampings?

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/225108toleemboutie.png

Hello

Good question, I would say you have to try!

Hello

You have to make this piece in volume, in bossing with your cuts, your holidays etc...

Then choose the shape tools function, and select the support face, and the face that deforms.

forme.png

Hello

I do think that in one go it must be possible

Well I didn't want to influence you too much at first, after a few attempts I isolated the source of the problem.

My surface piece is a derivative part (to share sketches)

I make it a volume with the sew function then I click on the Form Tool function, there 1st bug,  error message "no volume detected" except there is indeed a volume in my design tree.

I make a derivative part of my derivative part, this time the shape tool works, successful parameterization but when the time comes to use it problem, I drag on my sheet metal nothing happens.

So I create an assembly with my derivative part and then I save in part format (sldprt)

In this new piece I just have my shape in surface, I sew it in volume, I use form tool, I record.

I go back to my sheet metal, I slide my stamped form and there it works.

Conclusion: a derivative part cannot be used as a tool of 0_o shape.

SW 2014 sp3

2 Likes