Transferring Stresses from a Subassembly to the Main Assembly

Hello

I have an assembly like this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main Assembly (product):
     Subassembly1 (product)
          - part 1
          - Part 2
          - Stresses between parts of subassembly 1
     Subassembly2
          - Part 3
          - Part 4
         - Stresses between parts of sub-assembly 2
     Subassembly3
          - part 5
          - Part 6
          - Stresses between parts of sub-assembly 3
Constraints between subassemblies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In order to facilitate the creation of an animation with the DMU Kinematics workshop, it is preferable that my assembly is built with all my constraints directly between my parts in my main assembly in the following way:

---------------------------------------------------------

Main Assembly (product):
          - Part 1_sous-assembly 1
          - 2_sous-assembly share 1
          - Part 3_sous-assembly 2
          - Part 4_sous-Assembly 2
          - Part 5_sous-assembly 3
          - Part 6_sous-assembly 3
Stresses between all parts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can I cut the sub-assembly parts and associated constraints and paste them into my main assembly?

Visibly, I can cut/paste the parts of the different sub-assemblies but not the constraints of the sub-assemblies.

Thank you in advance for your advice/

Hello

When you're in your main assembly, in the tree, you can right-click on one of the subassemblies and select decompose a subassembly. The constraints of the sub-assemblies will be found in the main assembly as well as the parts. You will have to release the parts that were fixed (f) in your sub-assemblies to avoid over-constraining the main assembly.

Hello @fperan if you have a screenshot of the "decompose" function

Under MD2 I don't have this command in Assembly design!

1 Like

Yes, wouldn't it be more of a solidworks function?

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/french/solidworks/sldworks/dissolving_a_sub_assembly.htm