Transform two plans into 3D

I have two sketches that I want to make a 3D curve or body with to align my parts later.
(I import it's two sketches of a dwg)

On the top plane I have my X and Z coordinates.
On the other hand, on the front plane, I have my Y coordinate, but the values in X represent the trajectory length of the other sketch.

I used the "deform" function which works well in several cases, but doesn't work when there are sudden changes of direction. (see attachment)

Do you have a solution to offer me?

piece_test1.sldprt

Hello

Have you tried the composite curve tool?

Is it a 2018 version?

so I couldn't open

show us a picture of your problem so that we can answer it

@+

3 Likes

The composite curve tool, I don't think I can specify two directions.

Here are some pictures

capture.png

so given your image you have 2 sketch plans

The plan

Elevation

Is that right?

What is your part section?

@+

Yes, that's right.

Here is another image with the dimensions to understand the link between the two sketches.
I have a profile sketch that is a square, but this one can be different

capture2.png

well it seems to me that the pose of your elevation sketch should not be there

but hook on the point between your 2 lines forming an angle of 110°

@+

1 Like

Here's what it should look like

so I moved your elevation sketch via a parallel plane

after creating a shot following your 110° angle

on which I converted the entities

So look at the sketch colors and you'll understand

you then create your 3D sketch via the yellow line and the red line which is 110° from the plane of the yellow line

see attached file the odds are not good but it's for testing

@+ ;-)

piece1_sbinette.sldprt
1 Like

Can you mail your two DXFs so that we can reproduce your piece. You want a profile to follow your two sketches to form a part???

@gt22, the elevation should start at the beginning of the first segment.
In this example, there are only two segments, but I can have a lot more.

What I did previously was to make a surface with the plane sketch and draw the elevation with "spline on surface". On the other hand, this method is long and it is problematic when there is a change.

What I'm trying to do is a master file that ends up in an assembly to which I force elements to the trajectory. In this way, the constraints would not have to be redone between each project.

As requested, I transmit the source files of an example (I have removed everything that is not useful). The curve represents the back of a concrete wall with a depth of 450mm. The alignment of my elements is 145mm from the rear.

exemple1.rar
1 Like

@gt22, the elevation should start at the beginning of the first segment.
In this example, there are only two segments, but I can have a lot more.

What I did previously was to make a surface with the plane sketch and draw the elevation with "spline on surface". On the other hand, this method is long and it is problematic when there is a change.

What I'm trying to do is a master file that ends up in an assembly to which I force elements to the trajectory. In this way, the constraints would not have to be redone between each project.

As requested, I transmit the source files of an example (I have removed everything that is not useful). The curve represents the back of a concrete wall with a depth of 450mm. The alignment of my elements is 145mm from the rear.

exemple1.rar

well with the refs you give I am unable to understand anything

+ you're working on 2018 so it's impossible for me to open

When you insert sketches online, they need basic refs, sides of origins

In my example I didn't use the plane references of your elevation but I converted the entities so on the face plane it's the same sketch except offset so that it can be coincident with your plane origin

and my 3D sketch represents in my opinion the attached document

http://www.lynkoa.com/sites/default/files/questions/answer/20/12/2017/capture_1.png

I will give you + answers if + info

@+ ;-(

You may understand better with this image.

I'm able to do whatever I want with the winding function, but only when the plane sketch is still tangent.

Sketching elevation in red wrapping over the surface of the sketch plane in green gives the resulting 3D sketch in blue.

sans_titre1.png

Hello at the sight of your capture 2, the one with the sides I think it's normal that SW doesn't make you a projected curve because you have a curve of length 1500 but your 2 segments at 110° are 1000+500, which is 1500 sure, but not when being in side view with an angle of 110°... I'll try to see that.

Hello at the sight of your capture 2, the one with the sides I think it's normal that SW doesn't make you a projected curve because you have a curve of length 1500 but your 2 segments at 110° are 1000+500, which is 1500 sure, but not when being in side view with an angle of 110°... I'll try to see that.

Hello at the sight of your capture 2, the one with the ribs I think it's normal that SW doesn't make you a projected curve because you have a curve of length 15000 but your 2 segments at 110° are 10000+5000, which is 15000 sure, but not when being in side view with an angle of 110°... I'll try to see that.

capture.jpg

it works well ...

Hello

I understand how projected curves work, but I don't think it can apply to me. The 2D draw curves are provided by my client in dwg format and are represented as shown in capture 2.

I was looking for a way to do the transformation to 3D via SolidWorks, but it seems that this is impossible. So I don't see any other way than to proceed by macro by extracting the equations x(t), y(t), z(t) and then integrating them into a 3D sketch on SolidWorks.