Transform a 2015 solid file into 2012

Hello everyone,

Let me explain my problem.

I have made a sheet metal cabinet design and the sheet metal worker wants my 3D models.

I'm in 2015 version and he in 2014 so incompatibility.

I can't send it in STEP or IGS because there are a lot of small parts with specific positions and in this format nothing stays in place, everything moves, the containers don't stay.

How can I do this?

THANK YOU

1 Like

Hello

There is no other solution than the STEP or the IGES, or that it update its version around 2015. Sorry...

On the other hand, as soon as he opens a STEP or IGES file, he must select all the components (either with a rectangle encompassing all the components in the 3D window, or from the tree by clicking on the first one, then the SHIFT key and click on the last one) and fix them (by right-clicking), This way, no components will move.

4 Likes

Can I fix my elements in a WWTP or IGS?

1 Like

Ok thank you

Hello

Try to save your file in Parasolid ( .x_t ),
The assembly keeps at least all the parts fixed together.

Otherwise not many solutions for exchanges:(

2 Likes

Hello

It's just very frustrating but I don't think it's feasible at all because no matter how hard I look, I couldn't find a solution to this problem.  And all that remains is to opt for the alternative solutions here. Fortunately, it was strong.

Hello

A little hack trick that I use for this kind of thing (if I understood your need correctly).

I save my assembly as a part, so in SLDPRT format. This has the effect of freezing everything as it is, then I save this in step to solve the compatibility problem. 

Kind regards