Transform an SLDPRT with multiple bodies into an SLDASM with multiple parts

Hello

Is there a way to convert an SLDPRT file with multiple bodies to SLDASM with multiple parts.

I tried to go through a parasolid export step to be able to import the bodies in parts but it doesn't have the desired effect.

Thank you in advance.

Hello

Have you tried exporting the bodies of your room to a different room?

Hello, if not a little longer but you will record 3 times the same piece in which you keep only the desired bodies which will create in the end 3 different pieces and then you make an assembly of the 3 pieces!? Beware of external references between several functions.

Cdt

G.

1 Like

Hello

Yes, we can do it.

Open your multi-body part, on the "Solid bodies" or "Surface bodies" folder or "Welded parts list" right-click and Save bodies.

Select the bodies you need, set up the assembly model and the part model to be used, and post.

Kind regards.

3 Likes

Otherwise, in the File menu, there is the function "Create an assembly from the part"

3 Likes

Hello

Sonon, you can still make configurations of your multi-body, with a body, in each configuration, then create an assembly and put your parts there, then constrain them.

2 Likes

Another solution is to keep only a part file and create display states by hiding different bodies in different display states.

Have a good end of the day to all

Hello

Yes, it is possible.

1-In the filters you have to choose the volume body.

2-click on the desired body(s)

3-right-click then insert into a new room

This way you have a body = one more piece there is a link with the original part, if I modify the origin the body follows.

May the force be with you.

3 Likes

Thank you for your answers.

The important point that I did not mention is the number of bodies: 110.

So I had tried to insert it in a new room but as I want to have 110 independent ones I prefer to avoid all solutions that require repeating the operation as many times as there are bodies.

Hello

In the creation tree of your part, you right-click on the volume bodies folder and save the sizes:

In the Save Bodies function, you click on Auto Assignment. names, you uncheck abosorber the severed bodies then you click on browse under Create assembly to name your assembly and finally you validate.

Kind regards

3 Likes

@d.roger

It's a manipe that I saw at mycad but I had forgotten about it. Thank you and congratulations to you +1 d.roger

May the force be with you.

2 Likes

Impeccable, thank you very much d.roger!

1 Like