Transormated in volume

Hello

I have a problem, I have a volume already made and a surface I would like to thicken this surface by 10mm but the Sw doesn't want to. The sewing tool doesn't work either.

How to do it?

Thank you

piece2.step

I can't download, but have you done a recognition of function? 

Do you have a pro or a premium?

I have a Premium in 2014.

No, I didn't recognize my duties

I put the coin back

piece2.step

So now I'm amazed I can only open a text file of the step! I couldn't get it back. Send it in solidworks parts to see? I'm in 2014 so no worries

No PB appearing to thicken in  SW13.

In which direction to thicken the surface?

should it be merged?

should it be merged?

2014-06-25__piece_2.jpg

otherwise the operation is simple, right click on the imported and at the bottom you recognize the function you launch, and you let it happen. on the other hand you can try several times starting from different because sometimes you can have a total recognition if he finds the right starting point but sometimes low you search, and you click

should it be merged?

Edit: sorry for the multiple answer, Lynkoa didn't want to publish...

2014-06-25__piece_2.jpg

your volume is complex a screenshot please

without seeing easy

otherwise stretch your surfaces as much as possible and then remove everything that protrudes

you must have a lot of holes everywhere

@+

I want to thicken it in the other direction in the same direction as the one that's already done.

He doesn't recognize me

sans_titre.jpg

Hello

Enclosed is the document.

Thank you Pro/e

S.B

Item2-10.stp
2 Likes

Thank you so it's possible. But SW can't do it.

You'll notice, there's a difference in precision between the top cylinder and the bottom shape.

Perhaps that is the problem.

S.B

By redrawing the sketch to redo the revolving surface, then restricting it by the composite curve.

And finally it can be thickened inwards.

On the other hand, I started with a plane parallel to the top plane to redraw the sketch.

Because with a plane parallel to the plane on the right, I also get a pb when with the function thicken inwards...

so it works but you have to tinker anyway... weird.

2014-06-25_piece2.sldprt

I just selected the surface and thickened it by 10mm.

S.B

@ s.b: it's sure it's faster ;-)  !!   Respect!

On the other hand, with the systus of redoing the revolve sketch, it can allow you to adjust the surface (NONE) with the body (import 1), by redoing the two together.

In fact I just tried if you make a 300mm hole in the center, the thickening function works. He must have something stuck in the middle

Bravo you found where its blocked

and well searched in this area

to understand where the problem is

you must have a discontinuity somewhere

Zoom in to understand 

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_Magnifying_Glass.htm?id=fb3b4447693c4225bac57f8d64344223

to+ ;-((