Transparence texture

Hello

I'm looking to apply a texture with transparent areas on a body that is itself transparent, a bit like on the attached image where a label is applied to a glass bottle. If I use a classic jpeg image there are no transparent pixels (no transparent color like on PowerPoint). Transparent areas remain opaque. I haven't found the alpha layer that could maybe handle that. To do this, do I need to create special images with more advanced software than Paint? Do I need Photoview 360? Can the basic SolidWorks (2015) do this? Do any of you have an idea?

Thank you and have a good day

etiquette_transparente.jpg

Hello again,

I think I've found it. You should not use a texture but a decal, edit it and adjust the display of the mask by removing the color that has been previously assigned to the pixels that must be transparent, see attachment. Now I would like to be able to adjust the degree of transparency ...

etiquette_transparente.pdf
2 Likes

Why not put a boss in the shape of the yellow square by applying a transparent texture to it.

Then you place the decal on this transparent boss.

It will give a more realistic effect since the label will have a small thickness.

2 Likes

Hello Bart,

Thank you. This gave me the idea of using not a volume body, with a thickness that is sometimes not desired, but a surface body and there it works like a hair.  See attached image.

Which makes me ask the following question, does the SW 2017 finally have the unstitching function...?

Thank you again for your help and have a good day

Have a nice day

etiquette_transparente_suite.pdf
1 Like

I thought you wanted to model a label.

A label has a thickness. 0.1 or 0.2mm

But yes with the surface it's perfect =) well done;)

Otherwise for your "unstitching"  problem you have the "remove face" function which can work.

And to complete, if you have mycadtool, you have the "UnsewBody" module which allowed you to unstitch faces