Sorting the Configuration Tree

Hello

I discover that under SolidWorks 2017 you can finally sort the configuration tree. It's great in the idea, but in practice I don't understand the logic of the software...

In 2015, the order was automatically alphabetical

By converting to 2017 the order becomes "History-based" by default -> so all the old parts end up with the mixed configurations...

If you set it to "numeric" or "literal", the 0 is placed after the 1.

So the only solution I found is to tidy up once numerically and then a second time manually by moving up the 0 at the top of the list...

Thank you for this new time-consuming function, whereas previously the order was logically made.

If you have a solution to do a real logical alphanumeric sorting quickly, I'm all for it.

I'm not SW 2017 to check but following this link http://help.solidworks.com/2017/french/solidworks/sldworks/r_configurationmanager.htm

it seems that you can choose the sorting

Customizing the Sort Order of Configurations

You can specify the order in which configurations are listed in the ConfigurationManager.

To customize the sort order of configurations :

1. In the ConfigurationManager, right-click the top-level configuration and click Tree Sorting.
  2. Select one of the following options:
    Description option
    DigitalSorts in ascending alphanumeric order.
    LiteralSorted alphabetically.
    Manual (Drag and Drop)Allows you to drag and drop configurations into the configuration tree. As you drag along the tree, each configuration you pass over is highlighted. The configuration you are moving is dropped just below the element that is highlighted, when you release the pointer.
    Based on historySorts by the date the configuration was created, from the oldest at the top of the list to the newest at the bottom of the list.

EDIT I was too fast I read diagonally your message :/

2 Likes

I don't have a solution but it's weird, in your example, the problem is not systematic: we have the 011 before the 100 which comes before the 111 and it's only the 000 that is the problem.

stefbeno,

Yes, indeed, it is this way of sorting that I criticize.

Before, it was logical, the 000 was automatically at the top of the list.

The fact that you can sort is a good idea, it's just that the "numerical" or "literal" order doesn't have the same logic anymore...

My problem is that I have a library of more than 400 files, all the configs of which are mixed. Because everything is sorted according to history (default when converting from 2015 to > 2017

1 Like

Sebastien.bonnemaille is you under maintenance if so, check with them if it's not a bug? because the 2017 is currently SP2 or SP3?

Oh yes, it looks like it's a new problem

It smells like a new "bug" that will have to be reported to the support service (SPR number, etc...)

1 Like

Yes, I am under maintenance.

We installed the SP2.

While waiting for SP3, I'm going to make a ticket...

2 Likes

While waiting for a hypothetical resolution, here is the answer regarding the current ticket:

During our phone conversation, we could see that the problem mainly occurred when you mix numbers and letters, in this case Solidworks no longer knows how to sort logically.

With the attached file previously I will open a request to Solidworks to confirm that it is a bug and have it corrected.

2 Likes

Here is the answer about the current ticket:

the classification is inoperative and is referenced as a bug at Solidworks under the reference: SPR 1024436

1 Like