Tutorial manipulation fichier step

Hello

Why extrusion features are not available in an assembly.

I often receive step files from my clients, I would like to be able to modify them.

Hello

Simply because when a file is recorded in WWTP, all surfaces are surfaced.

Out of the extrusion functions are available to make volume.

It is therefore necessary to rework the STEP file a minimum before it can be used to work on volume.

Good luck

1 Like

Hello

By default, it is not possible to use the extrusion functions in an assembly, whether it is a step or not! We can only remove material!

To know why, perhaps to be sure not to create parts in an assembly that we could forget to define (plan) later!

For STEP files, if they are in surface you have to use the "Fill" function to create a volume and then be able to work with it. But only on the parts!

1 Like

Hello

If I'm not saying stupidity, depending on the version of solidworks you can have function recognition with an option from the pro but not in the standard version.

Then you have to ask the client to save it in the assembly format by selecting all the components in Geometry to be saved.

1 Like

Hello

When reading a STEP file in SolidWorks you can set the import options so that the STEP is automatically converted to solilde, and also that all parts are converted into a single SLDPRT in which you can manage your volume changes.

@+

options_step.jpg

--