Units in Solidworks

Good evening

Does anyone know if we can access the Solidworks units through a customizable file?

I would like to be able to put units not offered in Option/Document properties/Units

For example, put km, cm in custom units.

Thanks in advance

Alan

Hello, I don't understand in the custom properties of the document you can modify in km. 

On the other hand, maybe only unit, in the display on the custom side when you click on the table the drop-down menu appears and you see a lot of possibilities.

currently there is no possibility to do this, there has already been a request for improvement made in this direction, for example SPR 542308: Add units system for MMKS (mm, kg, second) in document properties, units

I therefore encourage you to come and add yourself to this improvement request via the publisher's website (www.solidworks.com) or to create a new one

3 Likes

You can put "centimeters" or "meters" but not "kilometers" (at least on SW 2012).

In a blank part or assembly, you set the units you want via "Option/Document Properties/Units", then you save in your documents as a template file "*.prtdot" (for a part) and *.asmdot" (for assembly).

Ex: pièce_mètre.prtdot

So when you make a new document, you can directly choose the base file with the right units.

2 Likes

Another solution: you can create a macro to change your units in one click.

change_unite_masse.swp

Hi @ Alain.erp

I understand that the limit is due to the modeler, which is now in room mode: 1 Km3

However it is +500/ -500 hence the limit of 500 meters

This limit is no longer valid for assemblies, which allows you to assemble several elements with a total length of more than 1 km

hence among other things the non-possibility of working with the KM as a unit

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

Hello

well low I dreamed, and in addition I confused mills with thousands....