PDM User Internal and External to a Company

Hello

I do a little survey on how to manage users. On my side:

I create users using windows, (my it create accounts and then I can create them in PDM admin.

These are basic profiles without rights, from there I divide them into different groups that allow you to grant access rights folder extraction see the files etc.

On the other hand, my little problem is more in the "unique" management, for example I receive service providers and they have to work only on a type of business file in the middle of 5/6 existing file.

Apart from creating a service provider account N°dossier for each file, I don't really see how to manage this.

Do you have any ideas, even far-fetched?

2 Likes

You can also grant the rights according to the user, including the right to access the folder in "Permission to access folders".

Hello

The "easiest", I think, is to create a group for externals identical to the group of interns in order to recover all the rights and then remove the access rights to the folders you don't want them to access and then give specific rights to each one on the folder they should see.

Be careful, however, each time you create a subfolder, remove the access rights because if you do as you do with us, the rights come from the level 1 file.

it seems more complex that in the All Cases folder, the subfolders are assigned to each subcontractor, so this leads to a BEX creation assigned to each subfolder

As many groups as cases