Using PDM via a VPN

Hello

I see myself having to work from home. My company has a VPN.
I installed all the services, but when I added the server, it is not recognized.
Is it possible to set up the PDM life to VPN or is there  a special configuration? 

Hello

I have been using Epdm regularly for 2 years now, and this without any problems, through a VPN connection and, to my knowledge, there has been no particular configuration to set up.
However, you need a good connection otherwise it can take a little longer for the operations of obtaining versions, extraction, archiving, etc ...
It is also preferable to disable the automatic connection to the safe and to disconnect from Epdm before cutting off the VPN connection, otherwise Epdm will regularly remind you to reconnect.
For SW, I borrow a license so I don't have any risk of problems in case of loss of VPN connection.
And of course, you need a stable VPN connection...
You can try it out by disconnecting from your company's network and using an internet connection via a phone's tethering for example (see here).

Kind regards

Thank you for your answer

In fact the problem comes from the installation of the PDM on my PC. It doesn't see the server or gives me a delay error.

From what I understand, you don't use the PC you use regularly at your company but you are looking to install Epdm on another PC while being remote?

If that's the case I'm not sure it's possible, it seems to me that you have to be on the same network as the license server to do the installations...

Kind regards

1 Like

We also have a user who works remotely on EPDM via a VPN (cisco any connect for us).

Our IT department struggled a bit to set it up, but now it's working.

1 Like

Thank you all for your answers.

The problem was that the client's version was not the same.

I downloaded the right version, and all of them are well connected.

Thank you all