Using an "Interference Value" parameter in the CATIA optimizer

Hello

I want to use the CATIA optimizer (Knowledge Management --> Product Engineering Optimizer)

To do this, I would like to optimize the objective function "Interference Value". In other words, I'm trying to minimize an interference value found with the interference function.

To do this, I created a parameter related to my interference value. See the attached screenshot:

Then I try to run the optimizer on this objective value

On the other hand, my problem is that the "Interference Value" parameter is locked. As a result, during optimization, it remains fixed and does not vary with optimization.

Do you have any ideas to unlock this style of settings?

Thank you in advance for your advice

Hello

You can't unlock it's the result of a collison analysis, not a user parameter, it's like the result of a measurement, it's locked and updates when there is a change in the geometry. In your case it updates if there is a change in the interference.

I don't have PEO but in my memory we varied a constraint (between a max and a mini terminal), in your case the terminals are not defined? But as I say, I don't have this module, it's just the memory I have of a presentation.

1 Like