Do you use PDM2021 with a VPN?

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for PDM users through a VPN. We were with the 2019 version everything worked very well, since the transition to 2021 it is unusable. Crash in transition changes and very very long access time.

If anyone has this configuration, I'm interested in information on the settings used or feedback on their use.

Have a nice day

No luck I'm under 2020...

No worries for us between the EPDM 2015 and EPDM 2020 versions in terms of use with our VPN (cisco annyconnect).

Have replicated archive servers?? Because depending on the archive server you are going to look for, it can be more or less long. Our VPN forces us to use the SQL server and the archive server located on the same site (and not the archive server which could be closer) because a priori we can't connect to both sites at the same time via the VPN. So if I work on the SQL database which is in the USA, the SQL transitions are done in the USA (long but not more since it's only a few bytes that wander around via the internet) but the archiving or recovery of the files is also done on the archive server located in the USA.

NB: If you have replicated archive servers, it is possible to change the archive server to which your local view points (well, that's if your VPN allows you to choose which archive server to use).

1 Like

I am not in the details of the system implemented here.

But we have just moved from 2015 to 2021 and colleagues are not complaining that access times have exploded.

1 Like

Hello

Thank you for your feedback.

We are on a single server that hosts everything. We are in VPN Up 500Mb/s, Down 450Mb/s test and latency <6ms for the server and higher on the client workstations.

We use Barracuda VPN.

@stefbeno You don't have a crash of exploring it on client workstations (Error capture in PC) 

capture_decran_2021-05-04_123546.png

Crash problems can possibly come from micro internet outages. Did you test from several different physical locations? (Internet connection may depend on service providers or local network status.) If for some reason X or Y the place from where you are testing generates a lot of connection drops, this could explain your problems.

Nb: I worked 4 months in a really bad 4G connection (slow and with a lot of outages) and apart from the access times which were long (file archiving), I didn't notice any particular crash on the explorer (it still crashes from time to time, but it's true even when working with a gigabit connection connected directly to the servers).

EPDM resists for me quite a bit to network cuts / micro cuts (not like my CAPM which totally crashes every time).

My colleagues are working from home.
I'll ask them on Friday when they'll be there.

Regarding your capture, are the 2 errors related to the same "explore"?

@stefbeno Yes to the same explore.  I think we are making progress on the problem. VPN seems to be an aggravating factor but not the origin. We are using PDM TOOLS 2021 SP0.1 and not SP1.0.

I just asked my colleagues, they don't have any problems with VPN.

For PDM Tools, I can't answer, it's not my field.

1 Like