INTEGRATION Utility: $ Problem

Hi all

I want to create an "INDEX" property that would be the reflection of the "REVISION" property, and only its reflection.
For this I would like to write the following text in the property: $PRP:"REVISION"
The Integration utility does not accept text that begins with the $ character, and does not write anything in the property.
I tested with the following text: "$PRP:"REVISION""  but the result gives "B" and not B.

Do you have a solution to write the text $PRP:"REVISION" in a property, with Integration, for a batch of files?

Thank you in advance for your answers

1 Like

One solution would be to create a property that doesn't start with $ but with an extra character (e.g. "A" or an apostrophe), and then shorten the string with a "right" function.

So do it in two steps.

1 Like

the only way to achieve what you want is for a PDM to fully manage revision descriptions and dates and populate SolidWorks' custom properties. Then, all that remains is to build the document template to display the properties of the drawing document in the tables and title blocks...

@+ ;-)

Lucas, I tested by entering XXX$PRP:"REVISION" and after processing the files, the INDEX property only indicates XXX.

Because in this utility, the fact of registering $ orders the recovery of the property that follows, so in my case, the PRP:"REVISION" property, which does not exist.

1 Like

gt22, the purpose of this maneuver is to prepare the existing files for transfer to the PDM WorkGroup vault.

In these files, a number of title blocks use the REVISION property and other INDEXES.

1 Like

The best thing is that you get closer to your SolidWorks trainer

1 Like

And by simply copying the REVISION property  into the INDEX property it doesn't work? Without the $PRP:

Because the property is REVISION and not $PRP:REVISION!

I don't want to do that because I'm going to have 2 properties:

REVISION: B

INDEX: B

Subsequently, when all my files are in the PDM vault, if I want to take a revision on a plan, PDM will only change the property mapped in the VaultAdmin, i.e. REVISION.

Therefore:

REVISION: C

INDEX: B

And some of the cartridges in these files use the HINT property.

1 Like

Do you run the integration utility only once or every time you put it in the trunk?

The solution I proposed can work, you just have to do it in two steps:

If the HINT property does not exist, copy the contents of the REVISION property.

In this way, we will have the result you want: if REVISION changes EXCHANGE INDEX not!

1 Like

I expressed myself badly maybe, I want that when REVISION changes, INDEX changes too.

Hence the idea of writing INDEX=$PRP:"REVISION"

1 Like

Ok, I finally understood!

By doing this manipulation by hand, does it work? By writing $PRP:REVISION in the HINT property, does it automatically change after a safe?

I'm not sure!

Otherwise which PDM do you use? Enterprise or PDMWorks?

I use PDM WorkGroup.

When I do the manipulation. by hand, everything works properly.

But I really have a lot of files to process to be able to do it manually.

1 Like

I understand you, you are punished; '-(

you have a few years to put on the PDM

I don't see any other walkthrough to append correctly

you have to put them somewhere and you need someone who sticks to it

to be readable and followed by all

http://files.solidworks.com/Supportfiles/PDMWorks_Ent_Installation/2013/French/Installation%20Guide.pdf

@+ :'(

I'm not an expert in Integration, but I don't think it's possible!

The only solution I can see would be to replace the vault button, with a macro that would do that, and then put it in the vault!

Wouldn't it be easier to forget the index property?

I mean, the Revsion property is mapped with the PDMWower revision... So there is no problem, then the problem is that old font of plan, instead of recovering the "revision" property, retrieves an "index" property

so why not standardize all the plans using a utility like CopyOptions and put on all the old plans directly the right basemap that recovers the right property?

4 Likes

I think like @fthomas, why don't you standardize all the files (except PDM) with the REVISION property.

Where my idea differs with @fthomas (which uses a second utility: COPYOPTION), is that while you make your HINT changes by REVISON via INTEGRATION, you take the opportunity to add a step to change your basemap in case your file has the HINT property.

integration_remplacer_fond_de_plan.jpg
4 Likes

Hi all

I had tested CopyOptions, but because of the old basemaps which, at a few millimeters, don't have the size std, it didn't work great.

So I'm going to test with Integration to see what happens.

This would also make it possible to standardize everything.

1 Like

After several tries, I can't change the background with Integration.

Do you have any idea where it could come from (see attachment)?

integration.jpg

I don't think you need the file extension in the background.

And is it really that name?

And there is an "or" condition alone, is this normal?

And the "ball" in front of the condition "or" is gray, is it because it is deactivated?

What's in the Integration Report?

To answer your questions:

I don't think you need the file extension in the background.

I put the extension because in the help of the utility, there is the extension

And is it really that name?

In the attached image above, I show the name of the basemap, in the property window of any layer, which matches the name in Integration

And there is an "or" condition alone, is this normal?

I can't do otherwise, either in "AND" or in "OR"

And the "ball" in front of the condition "or" is gray, is it because it is deactivated?

I don't know the meaning of the red or grey balls but I don't think it bothers because according to the report, the conditions are going well and not the actions

What's in the Integration Report?

See attachment

rapport_de_integration.jpg