smartbom utility

Hello

Is the smartbom utility part of the Mycadtool package?

I am subscribed to mycad and I haven't found it even though Integration is there!!

I don't really know the publisher's package, but normally yes...

Be careful, it may be a utility that doesn't need SW and is therefore in the workgroup only...

I'll find out :-)

Smartbom is based on the mycadtools 2011 package.

If you have one of these 2 packages, in the "Toolbar Mycad" menu from SolidWorks, select "settings" (at the bottom) and then check that the Smartboom utility is checked.

Hello

I met a user last week who told me that Integration was even more efficient than SmartBom because it allowed you to automate tasks related to the bill of materials.

Have a nice day.

Hello

The SmartBom utility is part of the MyCADtools package.

This pack contains all the utilities developed by Axemble (a little less than 40).

Start by checking if you have installed it correctly (maybe it was not checked at the time of installation).

You are bound to find it:

- in the menu: Start / Programs / myCADtools 2013 / SmartBom

- on the hard disk: C: / Programs / Axemble / Mycadtools 2013 / SmartBom

If it's nowhere to be found, it's simply not installed.

For information, this utility does not use SolidWorks.

This is one of its advantages, you can install it on a workstation in the workshop, in purchasing, etc...

Anyone can then view the BOM of an assembly, without SolidWorks.

Kind regards.

Emeric

I now understand why I couldn't find Smartbom

I have MYCADtools 2012 and not 2013 since I still haven't installed SW2013!!

Attention myCADtools is an independent installation of SolidWorks!

An update to SolidWorks 2013 will not automatically update myCADtools to version 2013!

Each version of SolidWorks corresponds to a different version of myCADtools.

(There is backward compatibility though. MyCADtools 2012 is already compatible with SolidWorks 2013.)

On the other hand, the SmartBom tool has been around for a long time, so it is also present in your 2012 version.

@dpusel : SmartBom appeared in the latest versions of myCADtools 2011, so in 2012 you should see it unless you have customized the myCADtools installation.

FYI in 2012 it was installed in the folder "C:\Program Files\Axemble\MyCADtools 2012\ToolBarMyCad"

@Emeric : 

Be careful, a part of SmartBom (Folder Analysis) does not need SolidWorks open to work, so no license is needed on the workstation in this case.

On the other hand, to install myCADtools you still need to have SolidWorks installed on the workstation (prerequisites for utilities)

Regards

Philippe Rossignol

6 Likes

smartbom works from SW 2012 version, without pbl...