Section view in 3D

Hello, I was already wondering if anyone else has this problem (I hope so...:)) and especially how to fix it.

Let me explain.

On some assemblies, it was impossible for us to make a cut on any plane or at any place... The following message appears: "The cut line has not cut the model correctly, check that it crosses the model"...

Has anyone been able to remedy this?

Kind regards.

If your assembly is in surface it's normal

but if all your parts are in volume there is a problem

Is it a very big assembly?

See this tutorial

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/solidworks-profondeur-de-coupe-et-coupe-locale

@+

2 Likes

Hello

Agree with GT23. On which version are you and is it up to date (SP5) because recently it was released for 2016.

We work very little in surface ... so it's volume and I'm in 2014 SP5...

it's not the first time, I usually manage to get around the problem by cutting elsewhere but on this 3D (my colleague's) nothing helps... The only reason I see is that there are imported parts from manufacturers...

I'll look at the link later...

Kind regards.

Check that your imported parts are full in volume?

2 Likes

It's weird that it does it everywhere.

Usually, this is when the cutting plane is tangent to a curved surface.
Indeed, try to delete all the imported parts to see if it works without then reintroduce them one by one.

3 Likes

Hello

Same remarks as the others,

Either one of the parts crossed is in surface => and therefore it cannot display a section.

Either the cut line is tangent to a part inside the assembly => and therefore Solidworks does not understand where to cut.

So I think we need to check and repair the surface bodies to create volumes.
or if possible modify the cut line with a slight unhook (qq tenths) and continue on your way as if nothing had happened.

Or maybe it's because of ac cobra 427 who scratches the nickname of gt22.. and this is worthy of the 3rd World War! ;-)

3 Likes

RE

I just saw your Gt22 link, it's not a problem during the drawing but a cut in a 3D assembly

@Fab camp
The problem remains the same, it's probably a 3D problem at the base or an impossible cut because of a tangency with an element.

3 Likes

Hello

It is also possible that the problem is related to geometric errors in one of the parts of the ASM.

This often happens on imported parts.

To check it, just do Tool, Check in Room.

If you have this problem on several assemblies, check if one of the parts is not common to all these assemblies.

Have a nice day

Mick