Isometric view

Hello.

I have a small problem with isometric view.

So I have an assembly 1 that contains a main assembly 2, which itself contains a main assembly 3.

the front, top and right planes. are the same for each blend. But on my three assemblies, I find myself with different isometric views.

What for?

I specify that I made my assembly 3 and this the first element of my assembly 2 correctly inserted and my assembly 2 correctly inserted into assembly 1. So I have the (F) in front of my "initial" assemblies.

1 Like

Hello

Can you put us screen prints so that we can see and understand better???

1 Like

Hello

In 3D, are you sure that the shots are identical?

It looks like a bug...

2 Likes

Hello, by any chance, release the assemblies and put coincidences between planes, because maybe the assemblies are not fixed in the right position!?

Kind regards

5 Likes

Weird, because I modeled a part and then did "Create an assembly from the part". Then again I inserted the assembly into another assembly and so on 3 times and all the assemblies like the part have the same definition planes and therefore the same isometric.

Doing it directly "Validate" (or Enter) each time you insert something into the assembly.

2 Likes

I tried to free my components, and putting constraints back it doesn't work. Here is attached a screenshot.

sans_titre1.png

All other views match except the isometrics??? This is almost impossible since isometrics are projections... if one is right, the other should be too....

3 Likes

Here are my isometric views with the plans again.

So the shots are very coincident with each other but the ISO projections are not good.

sans_titre2.png

I just tried too. It makes me like you. Wouldn't you have changed the orientation of your views  (that's what I did)? It doesn't change the name of the planes but on the other hand it does change the isometric view. 

When you do an iso view, your XYZ coordinates at the bottom are not in the same direction?

2 Likes

Indeed there must be a problem with the orientation of the views.

Here I have positioned my view which should be the real ISO view. On the first two no worries but on the third my axes change.

How do I change the orientation?

Why, my second view doesn't match the first one when I put it in ISO when my coordinate system and my plans are the same?

I think it's a big bug maybe.

sans_titre3.png

To reorient views:

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/modifier-la-vue-de-face-d-un-assemblage

Not necessarily a bug, it's a pretty useful function to have the desired front view

1 Like

To rearrange the views, you just have to put yourself in the view you want in front view (in the right orientation) with a normal to this view (and if necessary ALT + arrow to turn the view), then make space, and choose the spyglass with a star (the tooltip being "update standard views") then click on the front view in the menu.

3 Likes

Yes I agree we can always tinker but apart from a bug, if the planes are the same in the assemblies and if they are all constrained to each other and if the constraints are not reversed, I don't see why we should have a different ISO!

As mentioned above, check that the constraints are not reversed! it's already happened to me... because when Solid has two solutions, it often chooses the worst and not the best.

Kind regards

2 Likes

I did several manipulations in vain.

What happens is that I recovered the data of a colleague and there must have been an assembly error.

Because I re-created new assemblies with a nikel component insert and no problem.

so much time wasted ....

A big thank you to all of you for your answers.