Is there a way to quickly fill in the properties of a room?

Hello

I am currently working on SolidWorks automatic assembly bills of materials via SMARTPROPERTIES and SMARTBOM.

I want to test my bill of materials on a very large assembly. Unfortunately, entering the properties of each piece one by one and by hand is going to be very time-consuming.

So I'm wondering if there's a way to fill in the properties of each part faster using for example Excel.

Thank you in advance.

Hello

Yes, to fill in your properties quickly, there is the task scheduler that does this very well.

http://help.solidworks.com/2016/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/HIDD_TASK_CUSTOM_PROPS.htm?id=fdbed245720448a0b4d7ccc0a6e1affd#Pg0&ProductType=&ProductName=

may the force be with you.

4 Likes

Yes, as you have the axemble software, you have Batchproperties which allows you to fill in for a folder or an assembly and all its dependencies and to fill in one or more properties very quickly in a few clicks.

For example, a client and designer property that remains the same for an entire file, otherwise from excel you can do that with the axemble integration software.

We have filled in the quantities, the name of the customer and the deal (1 N°) in the drawing thanks to the quantities and properties retrieved in an excel file from smarbom.

And that way no more error of quantities, on the level the quantities always correspond to the quantities of the assembly.

1 Like

Hello

We have developed a small utility that integrates into Excel that allows you to "read" an assembly and create an empty bill of materials for these components.

Then fill in the table using tools such as checkboxes, drop-down menus...

Then you click on a single button and it fills in each part and sub-assembly.

Just like sbadenis : the goal is to simplify but also to make the information more reliable.

We used the Document Manager APIs. More info here: http://help.solidworks.com/2016/english/api/swdocmgrapi/Welcome-swdocmgrapi.html?id=6c9d831151dd4a6ca8636a77af67a614#Pg0&ProductType=&ProductName=

I can make you a little video of how it works if you wish.

See you...

2 Likes

Thank you all for your answers, I'll test it very soon and keep you posted!