1 Plane -> 2 Cartridges

Hello everyone and best wishes to all.

Is it possible to make a single shot (same view, same dimensions...) but to be able to put 2 different cartridges (1 cartridge for our company and 1 cartridge for our customer).

Be careful I would like that if I change a dimension on one of the views it does it automatically with the 2 cartridges.

Today on my plan I copy sheete1 (original plan) and glue it on sheet 2, and I change the cartridge.

It becomes very painful to achieve.

I am using SOLIDWORKS 2013 Premium without PDM.

One or more ideas???????

In fact, it's one or the other of the cartridges you want and not both at the same time, right?

What is the difference between these cartridges?

Why not choose a cartridge with different options (checkbox, drop-down list...)?

@+

If I understand correctly, you just have to make 2 different models, one with your cartridge, the other with the client cartridge, and set everything up in the same way.

Then, to change the cartridge, you will simply have to change the background plan (the model) and everything will adapt:

- the plan since it will not change

- the info since the settings will be the same.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

@Jose

If I understand correctly.

In fact, that's what he's already doing... Except that it copies the sheet to have both in the same file. And I think that's why he wants the changes to happen on both at the same time.

After that, to try to find a solution, it would be necessary to answer the question of gt22.

@fthomas:

No, it's the 2 at the same time.

@gt22:

Because my cartridge is set in a certain way that the customer's cartridge is the one who provides it to me.

@Jose-accessa:

Same as for gt22 above.

It's a good idea but I didn't want to have fun changing the cartridge every time.

I would have rather imaged an image of sheet1 on sheet2 with a different cartridge.

FYI, attached is a screenshot to change the background: right click on the background plan, property, then browse to select the desired background.

Good luck

capture.jpg
1 Like

In this case, I really don't see, sorry.

The cartouche is integrated into the background so changing it without changing the background seems complicated to me.

It may be possible to manage this with a macro: clicking on a button allows you to generate the same shot with a different block, but it is beyond my skills and will, in any case, be developed in a specific way.

Good luck

Hello

I think that the @Jose-accessa solution is the best, you always work with your cartridge and when it comes to exporting or having your client validate you change the basemap.

@+

Since I don't know Solidworks, I don't know if it's possible.

Put one cartridge in one layer and the other cartridge in another layer.

Show and hide the layers according to the title block to appear.

S.B

If you want both cartridges simultaneously, why not make a background with these two cartridges?

Hello

This will probably be possible with a macro.

Why not make a macro by learning to see what happens in VBA when handling by hand?

To get started in VBA, I recommend my "save as" tutorial:

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/macro-enregistrer-sous-avec-solidworks

Hello

As S.B says, the best thing to do is to use layers.

We put one title block in one layer and the other in another layer and we just have to activate the layer and therefore the title block we want to see.

calque.jpg

Yes except that the layers are Autocad, not SW...

On Autocad, it's a "drawing board" so you can do what you want.

On SW, it's configurable (even if Autocad is also to a lesser extent), so it's much less simple if not to change the whole background.

@fthomas

No, in fact he wants to be able to change cartridges quickly on the same plane, one cartridge for his plans, another for when he sends to his client, so with the client's cartridge, but either one or the other.

Or maybe I didn't understand anything, but I think I'm right:)

Hello

@jose-accessa: I don't agree with you about layers! even if it's not as easy as on Autocad, I regularly use layers on my plans. In this case, as I say, you just have to make 2 different cartridges on 2 different layers and display only the one you need! On the other hand, I haven't tested this principle on the backgrounds but there's no reason why it shouldn't work the same way as on the main sheet.

Hello

I am in exactly the same case for 2 companies that are part of a group 

My solution: 

I imposed a common cartridge format with the same properties in the same place and placed them in block

the first plan to make I create 3 copies F1 F2 F3 for each company 

The first attempt was to have a drawing with the sheets but it is easier to create them once the first dimensions are made and duplicated

but if you have a simpler method I'm following the post

1 Like

@rim-b: And is the whole thing programmable by reference like a classic cartridge?

If so, I'm interested:)

A proposal:

Create basemaps by inserting a title block linked to a block located at a location on your network

Create the second title block in bulk with the same name.

Overwrite the block file according to the desired configuration, company or customer cartridge, etc.