Display the Z of a 3D point

Hello

I have points in 3D and in the properties of the point there is its Z,

I would like to know if it is possible to have your Z in text, without the dot and the text being a block

thank you for your answers 

Hello

If it's SW, there's a handy MyCad tool: Getcoordinates: http://www.lynkoa.com/store/mycadfr/mycadtools/videos-tools/utilitaires-getcoordinates.html

See you.

1 Like

Hello

Can you put a screen for us? In fact you have points in the species and they form a Z but are not connected. you would like to connect them??? Or I'm missing the point???

@ AC Cobra 427, you're missing the point ;)!

He has points in his AutoCAD file, when he clicks on a point he gets its coordinates in the properties of the point. He would like to retrieve the Z coordinate of this point 

3 Likes

Ah!!! thank you Aurélien Fives, because I too had trouble understanding the request! Indeed, the software was not specified!

Have a nice day

See these links

http://docs.autodesk.com/MAP/2013/FRA/index.html?url=filesMAPUSE/GUID-FBAC63EF-0AFF-4DF5-8FCF-C2A468F2B864.htm,topicNumber=MAPUSEd30e195034

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-francais/recup-xyz/td-p/1803371/page/2

it's in the comm thread

what version do you have of autocrad

@+

Ok I see what you want to do but under which software do you want to retrieve these coordinates??
Excel/Autocad/Plain Text File

To do this, you'll need a little code

The idea is actually to scrutinize all the dot entities contained in the plane and to retrieve their coordinates in Z to write it somewhere

First of all, you have to recover all the point entities
Loop over this list to retrieve the Z coordinates

On the other hand, to go further, I need the type of output file you expect

1 Like

Well as I had some free time I made you a little code that allows you to do what you want, well I think ;)

This code writes next to each of the points the value of Z

I developed it in LISP (autocad programming language)

To make it work you have to type in the command line "appload"
Go and get the file I'm attaching
And type the command "czp" in the command line to run it

And there you normally go next to each of the points you should see the Z coordinate of this point

On the other hand, it is the value of Z when you are in general SCU

coordonnees_z_des_points.lsp
3 Likes

Ah, this damn Francis Onsenfou is good!

1 Like

AHHH, it's okay I wasn't the only one who had a bad time!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

How do I download the file?

Hello! 

Right-click "save link as"

Or "save target as"

Or copy-paste the code into a text file, rename the extension to .lsp and you're good to go!

But the first 2 solutions are simpler:)

[EDIT] Further response

1 Like

I correct Aurélien's answer

I just tested.
I thought it would work, too bad
The third method doesn't work, it generates errors
I think the program should be reformatted

"Or copy-paste the code into a text file, rename the extension to .lsp and you're good to go!"

So right-click "Save link as" or "Save target as"  depending on the internet browser used

2 Likes

Hello

I did cahrge the file, but when I type the czp command nothing happens

Hello

Did you type "appload" just before to load the program you downloaded?

normally it should go like this:

- you open your autocad file
- you type "appload" in the command bar at the bottom and you go to find the .lsp file you downloaded

To validate the correct loading of this file you should see appear in your command bar at the bottom: "Z coordinates of the points.lsp correctly loaded"

So all you have to do is launch the function by typing "czp" in the command bar

by zooming in on your points next to each of them you should be able to see written in text the "Z" coordinate of your point

1 Like

A short video
I don't really know if we see well but hey it can help you

20160523_1201031.mp4
1 Like

I have the message "Z coordinates of the points.lsp correctly loaded" displayed 

on the other hand when I make my order "czp" I have this message that is displayed "; error: no function definition: VLAX-ENAME->VLA-OBJECT"

I'm good in general SCU,

Do the dots have to be in a specific layer? Or that the file to be downloaded is in a specific folder?

ah ok it's my fault
Visual Lisp is not loaded by default
at home, since I use it a lot, we charge it at startup

so here is the modified program
Normally it should work this time

coordonnees_z_des_points.lsp
2 Likes

you don't need to put a specific SCU
at the beginning of the program I put it in general SCU

No specific layer selection, the program retrieves all the points contained in the plane regardless of the layer

The program file can be anywhere it's you who tells it the location when you do "appload"

2 Likes

Here's what it gives me

capture.png