Analysis of a lift

Hi all!

I am trying to make a study of the lifting of one of our machines...
I inquired by looking at this tutorial that I found rather clear but I don't have a premium simulation license... so no " linkage rod "...

Do you have a tip to do this study with only the features of a Premium license (standard simulation)?

Thank you in advance.

Hello;

We need a visual of the component to be handled... to get an idea.
Overall, if your lifting rings are oriented towards the center of gravity, you will have to create a tangential edge oriented perpendicular to the theoretical position of your slings and apply the forces to them (without forgetting the total mass of your assembly (gravity))...

See also:

Kind regards.

Hello

Indeed we don't have the linkage rod but you can use a tension spring (just calculate the stiffness of the cable that would be used with the d'young module and the section).
You must also be able to make a mixed mesh and put beam elements (section of the cable): less manual calculations to do.

Hello @twathle ,

A suitable model is the essential condition for a simulation that approximates the behavior of the real system. On this point, the model of the " Zee Training Institute " video seems to me to call for some comments... See attached pdf document.

To answer your question about linkage rods , adding ball-shaped members at both ends to the SolidWorks model seems to me to be a realistic solution for simulating cables. This is in line with the proposal of @froussel ...
The questions of defining their stiffness, and the suppression of their internal mobility in rotation, remain to be settled...

LevageM3D.pdf (244.8 KB)