Copy Property of a PRT into its DRW Property

Hello

In my rooms, I have a "Designation3" property.

In my drawings, I have a "Description" property, and I'd like it to retrieve the text of the "Designation3" of the drawing part.

I can't find the syntax to enter in the "Description" field of my plan template.

I tried:

$PRPSHEET:"Designation3"

"Designation3@PRPSHEET"

"Designation3@$PRPSHEET"

But it doesn't work.

Can you help me?

also doesn't work:

$PRPSHEET:{Designation3}

"$PRPSHEET:{Designation3}"

I was hopeful, however:

https://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/mise-en-plan-propriete-piece

Hello

If you edit your cartridge; You select where you have designation and on the left see can link this function with designation3. Just look for it in the room settings.

Thank you ac cobra

But that's not what I'm having a problem with. In my cartridge, I can get the custom property of the part used in the plan.

What I can't do is retrieve the custom property of the part used in the plan from the custom properties of the plan.

Now I'm out for a walk with the children, I look when I come back but it seems to me  that it's not possible.

It's not very logical what you say:

What I can't do is retrieve the custom property of the part used in the plan from the custom properties of the plan.

1 Like

Hello

it's easy if you have Mycad.

You can create a prop that references a prop in the room that doesn't have the same name.

capture.jpg
2 Likes

In theory it is the properties of the part

which go on the plan and never the other way around

the Plan and cartouche are only the reflection of the piece 

All part values can be retrieved for drawing

and never the other way around 

@+

@GT22 & ac cobra427:

I may not be expressing myself clearly, so I am reformulating

The "designation3" property of a part appears in the title block of my plan. We can say that the cartouche calls the property of the piece.

Well, I would like the  "designation3" property of a room to appear in the "Description" property of my plan. We can say that the cartouche calls the property of the piece.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

@ i will survive :

I have Mycad and I created this link function. Simply, I will generate my plans automatically with integration (just put 3 views on the right background and save in the right name), before sending them to subcontractors who will do the quotation. And these subcontractors don't necessarily have myCAD.

As this function is simple for mycad, I think there is a syntax behind it.

If no syntax, then I'll have to go through my set of plans after they were created.

I don't understand because you say:

"The "designation3" property of a part appears in the title block of my plan. We can say that the cartouche calls the property of the piece.

Well, I would like the  "designation3" property of a room to appear in the "Description" property of my plan. We can say that the cartouche calls the property of the piece."

When it means the same thing...

I haven't reread myself, there's one sentence too many. (by wanting to clarify too much I end up confusing even more)

The "designation3" property of a part appears in the title block of my plan.

Well, I would like the  "designation3" property of a room to appear in the "Description" property of my plan.

Ok but that's what I proposed to you in my 1st answer.

"If you edit your cartridge; You select where you have designation and on the left see can link this function with designation3. Just look for it in the room settings."

Since you want to:

"Well , I would like the  "designation3" property of a room to appear in the "Description" property of my plan."

No, we still haven't understood each other. I'm talking about populating a custom property of the plan with a custom property of the room.

A custom property, not a text field in my title block.

Hello

Where is the custom property of your piece?

Well, that's what I explained to you, you fill in this property in the room and to get it back in the drawing; you have  to edit it and create a link with the part so that it appears in the drawing...  

https://www.visiativ-solutions.fr/cartouche-solidworks-reglages-proprietes/

https://www.logiciel-cao.com/blog/entries/view/slug/procedure-creation-modification-de-fonds-de-plan

1 Like

Well, well it's not moving forward. always the same answer, and I conclude that it is not possible to have a custom property of the plan that will look for a custom property of the room.

@ Sylk:

The custom property 'designation3' of my part appears in the title block of my drawing.

The problem is that it's not clear

A custom property is created for the part

if you want your cartridge (plan) to recover this said property

he must create a field that will fetch this said property 

Have you looked at the links I posted

@+

Here is a tutorial that will: 

ago yve | 464 point(s)

No, we still haven't understood each other. I'm talking about populating a custom property of the plan with a custom property of the room.

A custom property, not a text field in my title block.

tuto.docx
1 Like

If it's not there yet, make us a small file like me with what you want because then it becomes more and more blurry in relation to your request...