Creating an MEP Hardware BOM

Hi all
I'm back with a new question, this time about nomenclatures and bubbles...
Always with a concern for fast and efficient work, I try to " bubble" my plan with very precise information.

You can see that my balloons are taking over the name of the file thanks to a prominent nomenclature. This achieved with automatic bubbling is perfect.

My question is: How do I do another auto-bubble on that same layout with other elements?

Because if you look at it, I have little circles with elecairs in them, in blue. These items represent power outlets. These are blocks that I manually drop on the drawing. But just below, in real life I have the socket that exists, because it is represented in my assembly.
These sockets are Swood-Boxes that I created, and therefore vary from 1 Power Socket to 4PC... These assemblies have a custom property " HARDWARE ".
By applying a new nomenclature that takes this custom property in a column, I find the parts but not the assemblies (because I want to put the bubble on the assemblies)
In short, I can neither re-apply automatic bubbles, nor select the elements I want.

I found a solution, which is to do it on 3D

But of course, my colleagues would prefer it to be on the 2D drawing.
I tested with the " Integration " software but without success...

Thank you in advance for your help
Have a nice day
Axel

Bonjour_BOIROT,
To answer your question quite simply, why don't you insert a " text with bubble", i.e. text with an option with a circle and even many others.
I can't take a screenshot for you because my PC is being processed.
Good luck.
@+.
AR.

Thank you for this feedback
Yes, it's the same principle as dragging blocks. But I'd like to have something a little more " automatic " than having to drag texts

Hello again Axel_BOIROT,
I don't know how to do it automatically.
Sorry.
I hope someone has a solution.
Good luck, @+.
AR.

I haven't understood everything, everything about what you're trying to do. But when you say

aren't you looking to make a BOM with a tab list, without numbering (to keep the bubble on your assembly) precisely?

2 Likes

And if not, you may have this topic that can help you in your need?

2 x BOMs / 2 numbering types (trade and fab) - 2D plan / BOM and tables - myCAD Forum (visiativ.com)

1 Like

Hello

By creating a favorite bubble in the dialog box, you can already create a template that suits you.
For the lightning, I myself tried to make an automatic bubble with two property information, with the shape of a capsule I couldn't do it!!
You need to be able to access the blocks that are used for bubbling, but again my problem is still not solved... So for the lightning I don't see any other solution than to create a block (Bubble + Illuminate + text pointing to a custom property).
Good luck I'll follow your post to see the result

For the bubble of your assemblies, they must be at the same level as the other bubbled parts. To make the automatic bubble work.

If not, the bubble and light it up:
Here is a method
-you create a block with the bubble and light it up
-you save it in a folder.
-When you need it, you import it.
-Then you break the block
-You point the arrow at the coin.

Hello @coin37coin
Thank you for this feedback.
With this tab, I do have access to my parts but without the possibility of applying my automatic bubble.
But I think we'll let the workshop place the takes and we, in the office, will just give the information on the location and the quantity.
Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Hello @FRED78
Thank you for your feedback.
Yes, I also think that the saved block will be the best solution. To the chagrin of my colleagues, this automatic bubble will not be possible

ha too bad.

After that, I'm basically not a fan of automatic bubbles. In 3/4 of the cases you have to go and put the bubbles back in the right places... so you might as well do them right away in manual :rofl:

haaa, the pleasure of colleagues' requests. I sympathize and wish you good luck in making this accepted

2 Likes